Reporting & Analytics

barbara_b

New Customers Do Not Appear In the Marketing Funnel

SOLVE

Hi, 

We have had this issue for quite a while, it feels like it's a bug in HubSpot, and the support team wasn't able to help/understand the problem. 

Whenever we close a new customer, the customer does not seem to appear in the marketing funnel as a customer. 

We put through the deal through all deal stages, we mark the individual that is linked to the deal through all lifecycle stages to reach 'customer', but no matter what we do, it just won't appear there. 

Once when I got it right, our November customer showed up in September. 

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks,

B. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @barbara_b 

Oh yeah, that maketing performnce report is usually the first one I remove, becuase in B2B the customer line is so often at zero. 

The issue does come from the fact that the report looks at contacts created within a time window. It doesn't matter how many customers you close, if they were first created in the system outside the time window, they don't show on the report. 

I would recommend creating custom reports to show what you are really interested in.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @barbara_b 

Could you elaborate on 'marketing funnel'? Are you referring to a funnel report? If so, which stages are you reporting on and what settings are you using. 

It could be becuase most reports are configured to look at contacts by create date - and contacts very often do not become customers in the same period (i.e. month) that they were created. But to be sure I need a bit more information. 

Thanks, Phil.

0 Upvotes
barbara_b

SOLVE

Sure. 

Under the marketing funnel I mean Sessions --> Leads --> Customers in the Marketing Hub. In here, the customers do not appear. Some of the new customers are the same people but buying different services (we are a B2B company). 

I would think that it's configured so that the system looks at contacts by create date, but I am not a 100% sure. 

The biggest issue right now is that none of our customers are updating to the Marketing Performance report. 

Thanks, Phil, for your help. 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @barbara_b 

Oh yeah, that maketing performnce report is usually the first one I remove, becuase in B2B the customer line is so often at zero. 

The issue does come from the fact that the report looks at contacts created within a time window. It doesn't matter how many customers you close, if they were first created in the system outside the time window, they don't show on the report. 

I would recommend creating custom reports to show what you are really interested in.

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
barbara_b

SOLVE

Thank you, really helpful answer!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

My pleasure - please mark as solved if I have helped.

0 Upvotes