Reporting & Analytics

FBertasi
Contributor

New Contacts Tracking in Campaigns

Hi there,

I am pretty new in using the function campaign in Hubspot and I am working on getting a precise tracking from the original source to the generated revenue. 

I have read lots of stuff about it but there is still something that isn't right.

Opening our last campaign, I focus my self on the number of "New Contact" under the "Performance" tab.

This number is not allign to the number of the real new contacts that this campaigns created.

The asset which created the new contacts is connected to the campaign. 

The new contacts have visited our website for the first time thanks to the campaigns. And they filled out a form so they turned in "New Contacts" thanks to this campaign (according to the history in their "profile" in HS).

So I do not understand why the number of new contacts in our last campaign is zero 😞 

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much

Greetings from Italy

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
FBertasi
Contributor

Hi there @PamCotton 

I haven’t solved my problem yet. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FBertasi,

Thank you for reaching out!

I wanted to share this snippet from this campaign FAQ helps article which explains how contacts are bucketed under New Contacts (First Touch) and New Contacts (Last Touch):

"First touch contacts are attributed to the campaign that brought them to your website for the first time. These contacts will be counted under New Contacts (First touch) when:

• the first page they visit has a URL containing utm_campaign parameters;
  • the first page they visit is associated with the campaign; or
  • the first page they visit is through a referral keyword associated with the campaign.

Last touch contacts are attributed to the campaign that led to their conversion. These contacts will be counted under the New Contacts (Last touch) when:

• they convert on a page where the URL contains utm_campaign parameters; or
  • they visit a page or submit a form that's associated with the campaign before converting, during the same session."

If your contacts meet either of these requirements and aren't showing under New Contacts, I  I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots, examples and further information on this.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @FBertasi Greetings from Boston!

Thank you for the information provided, I want to add our top experts to this conversation @danmoyle @Bryantworks any recommendations to @FBertasi ?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
FBertasi
Contributor

Dear @PamCotton 

thank you for your answer. I hope your collegues can help me 🙂

Francesca

0 Upvotes