Multi-touch Attribution Reporting

Occasional Contributor

In the B2B space, my company needs to implement multi-touch attribution reporting for a multitude of high & low-impact reasoning. Has anyone here done it successfully (or work in progress) with HubSpot, or is there still a focus on first and last touch attribution here? Not sure of what we would need to add to our tech stack to help out with this either.  (Yes, we are very much in the awareness stage right now. Cat LOL )  

Right now, we are waiting  to see from HubSpot if we can at least start exporting certain touchpoints from a contact's timeline to begin modeling what multi-attribution will look like for us, bare-boned.  

7 Replies 7
Regular Contributor

Very curious to hear what you learned offline, if anything. Also, looking to accomplish the same. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, we're looking at our entire tech stack. Not sure if HubSpot has the full (or half) picture view we need. Smiley Sad 

Regular Contributor

@tmonetcollins - did you ever come up with a solution? I'd be very interested to hear what you put together. I'm starting to tackle multi-touch attribution myself, and I have not yet found a clear path forward.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Did you guys ever end up finding a viable solution for this? I'm starting out with multi-touch now too and having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around how to make HubSpot meet our needs - I have a couple ideas for how to build potential workarounds, but I'd be curious to hear what you came up with/if my plan makes sense to others. 

0 Upvotes
Advisor

@AndreaWeir - I have done this but not exclusively with Hubspot.  We used Hubspot for Marketing and another CRM to handle the attribution.  The one thing we have found Hubspot to be lacking, and there is an open feature request for it as well, is the ability to have what is referred to as a Custom Data Object. Basically this is a data table that would be connected to your Contact/Opportunity pipeline to identify the touchpoints someone takes and apply attribution to each one.  The most I could see doing with solely Hubspot would be a first/last touch attribution.  In this case you could store the first touch and always overwrite the to look at what is driving revenue from those standpoints, but you would potentially lose anything in the middle.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Multi-touch attribution reporting was announced at Inbound this month. The timeline I heard was it'll be available for beta testing on Enterprise accounts beginning in early October.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Glad you caught this. We are excited to try this out.

0 Upvotes