Reporting & Analytics

SMeade

Monthly deal created report

I feel there is a need for a specific report within HubSpot, that displays a view of each deal created for a specific month. 

Currently, there are a couple of views that show you deals worked on within a specified month, however if they then move to a different pipeline, let's say from prospecting to sales, that deal is then removed from the original view. 

I've worked with Pipedrive previously, and this is something they did really well, and there must be appetitie from salespeople to be able to report on deals created for a specific month. 

3 Replies 3
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Thanks for the additional context @SMeade!

Creating deals whilst still prospecting is not best practice, prospecting normally happens at contact level - HubSpot recently launch the prospecting workspace for this.

Alternatively, when contacts get passed from marketing to sales (usually once they become an MQL), sales then qualifies these and either starts working an opportunity (that's the point when a deal is created) or rejects/diqualifies them. I held a pretty comprehensive AMA - Demystifying HubSpot's lifecyle stages, deal stages and lead status on how lifecycle stages and deals connect back in 2021 when I worked as a Principal Consultant at HubSpot.

As someone with close to 10 years experience of working with HubSpot, you definitely creating deals way too early. Ignoring that, depending on what views (list or board) you create, how your filters are set and how you move deal between pipelines (literally change the pipeline and stage or cloning the deal) - all of these can impact why you are not seeing what you are expecting.

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes
SMeade

We've tested this, however if a deal is worked on let's say the month after it was created, it is then removed from the previous month's views. 

I've liaised a lot with HubSpot Tech Support about this, and they agree that it can't be done. 

It's imperative we have two pipelines, one for early stage prospecting, and then another for when an MQL moves through to sales, so I'm not sure you can comment on 'best pratcice', until you understand our situation. 

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @SMeade 

That is defintely possible (simply filter by create date) and it sounds to me like your pipeline setup is a bit unusal.

Moving deals between pipelines is not recommended nor best practice.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes