Reporting & Analytics

CWardle
Participant

Monthly Leads Created VS Goals report?

SOLVE

Hi there,

I'm trying to pull together forecasting and KPI attainment reports in HubSpot. For one of these reports, we'd like to see "Leads created VS leads goal per month"
We'd also like to use that to forecast likely sales numbers based on lead numbers (ie, if we convert 1 in every 200 leads, and we have 1200 leads at the end of March, how many sales will we have made if we keep on the same lead generation line for the remainder of the year). 
Any ideas of what can be pulled? We have marketing pro and sales enterprise.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CWardle,

You can create this lead report by navigating to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts.

Set the Filters as below:

karstenkoehler_0-1647329599980.png

Set the Visualization tab as follows:

karstenkoehler_2-1647329713096.png

On the right-hand side, you can include your Goal by clicking on Display options.

For forecasting, I'm not aware of any reports which extrapolate from the number of leads. Forecasting in HubSpot is deal-based. I'd recommend exploring the report library (Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library > check Forecasting box in the left sidebar). Additionally, you could look into funnel reports.

When you create funnel report (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Funnels > Contacts), you can select to choose to show the conversion rate from "Lead" to "Customer":

karstenkoehler_3-1647329963217.png

(Make sure to set the Filters of this report to Date range is "All data".)

By placing these two reports on a dashboard side-by-side, you don't have the exact report you're looking for but all information at a glance: the number of leads and your conversion rate from lead to closed won deals. Keep in mind however, that multiple contacts can belong to a customer. (One of the reasons, I assume, why forecasting is deal-based in HubSpot.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CWardle,

You can create this lead report by navigating to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts.

Set the Filters as below:

karstenkoehler_0-1647329599980.png

Set the Visualization tab as follows:

karstenkoehler_2-1647329713096.png

On the right-hand side, you can include your Goal by clicking on Display options.

For forecasting, I'm not aware of any reports which extrapolate from the number of leads. Forecasting in HubSpot is deal-based. I'd recommend exploring the report library (Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library > check Forecasting box in the left sidebar). Additionally, you could look into funnel reports.

When you create funnel report (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Funnels > Contacts), you can select to choose to show the conversion rate from "Lead" to "Customer":

karstenkoehler_3-1647329963217.png

(Make sure to set the Filters of this report to Date range is "All data".)

By placing these two reports on a dashboard side-by-side, you don't have the exact report you're looking for but all information at a glance: the number of leads and your conversion rate from lead to closed won deals. Keep in mind however, that multiple contacts can belong to a customer. (One of the reasons, I assume, why forecasting is deal-based in HubSpot.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AGarcia905
Participant

SOLVE

Is "Became a lead date" an actual filter or something that you created? I ask because I couldn't find it as an option so trying to figure out how I would use these steps for my approach to this.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AGarcia905,

Thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to share this resource on default properties in HubSpot. It mentions that the Became a Lead date is a default property here

Hope that helps clarify!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !