Reporting & Analytics

Laura19
Miembro

Monitor contact engagement of a dynamic list for a given email campaign

resolver

Hello,

I am looking for a way to export a board that would help me monitor the engagement of a dynamic list of contacts for an email campaign that has been displayed over 2021 (about 100 emails).

More precisely, in this board I would like to get :

- a column with the average opening rate per contact for the whole campaign

- a column with the total number of unique openings per contact 

- a column with the average clic rate per contact 

- a column with the total number of unique clics per contact

Is there any chance we can obtain that by creating a new dynamic list ? Because I have tried, but there does not seem to be a way to filter by campaign (only emails it seems, but I cannont select them one by one since I have more than 100...). And I absolutely need to filter by campaign because otherwise I might get a lot of noise in the results since the stats might not only reflect the campaign I am interested in but all the campaigns that the contacts have been involved in.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Laura

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Laura19,

This is not possible out of the box, unfortunately:

(1) The email reports (Menu > Marketing > Email > Analyze) aren't contact-based.

(2) Contact engagement with specific emails is not stored in contact properties for easy export or reporting.

(3) The custom report builder doesn't have the capabilities for a filtered cross-section like that, as far as I know.

As far as workarounds go, not of them are pleasant.

You could look into third-party tools that allow you to contact timeline events, to filter out the marketing email ones. I'm not aware of any, unfortunately. Even after exporting: a lot of Excel work required.

You create many lists for contacts who have received an email, opened an email, clicked an email. (It sounds like this would be 300 in total.) You can then export these lists – before performing a lot of Excel magic. Probably not feasible.

While I fully understand that you'd like this information, I'd recommend zooming out and rephrasing your question. You would probably like to understand which contacts interacted the most with your campaign? You could approach this by creating a scoring property (specifically for campaign touchpoints) or looking into campaign attribution reports. Or do you want to identify the best- and worst-performing emails? Then I'd recommend filtering the reports under Menu > Marketing > Email > Analyze by campaign.

I know, not the solution you were looking for. If you want to request better email reporting from the product team, you could do so in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Laura19,

This is not possible out of the box, unfortunately:

(1) The email reports (Menu > Marketing > Email > Analyze) aren't contact-based.

(2) Contact engagement with specific emails is not stored in contact properties for easy export or reporting.

(3) The custom report builder doesn't have the capabilities for a filtered cross-section like that, as far as I know.

As far as workarounds go, not of them are pleasant.

You could look into third-party tools that allow you to contact timeline events, to filter out the marketing email ones. I'm not aware of any, unfortunately. Even after exporting: a lot of Excel work required.

You create many lists for contacts who have received an email, opened an email, clicked an email. (It sounds like this would be 300 in total.) You can then export these lists – before performing a lot of Excel magic. Probably not feasible.

While I fully understand that you'd like this information, I'd recommend zooming out and rephrasing your question. You would probably like to understand which contacts interacted the most with your campaign? You could approach this by creating a scoring property (specifically for campaign touchpoints) or looking into campaign attribution reports. Or do you want to identify the best- and worst-performing emails? Then I'd recommend filtering the reports under Menu > Marketing > Email > Analyze by campaign.

I know, not the solution you were looking for. If you want to request better email reporting from the product team, you could do so in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Me gusta
Laura19
Miembro

resolver

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for suggesting the scoring properties and the attribution report. They can actually be relevant for what I'm looking for. Even though they won't give me a thorough view of the list's engagement, at least I will be able to make the most engaged contacts of my campaign stand out (according to my interactions criteria). That works for me.

Have a nice day,

Laura

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Perfect, glad to hear, @Laura19. If you have any follow-up questions, let me know.

If you want to make it easier for others to find this information and if you found it helpful, you can mark my earlier post as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta