Reporting & Analytics

ABergunder

Modifying date values for daily reports

My team sends out automated daily reports on the previous day's sales metrics to members of our organization. I'd like to give these reports an accurate date stamp as opposed to the current language we're using of "yesterday."

Could I use something like content.publish_date or content.updated and subtract a day from that value to get a more detailed display of yesterday's date within the email?

Thanks for any insights!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ABergunder,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Which HubSpot tool do you use to create these reports? Do you have screenshots of the current report filters? 

The more examples you can share of what your current reporting filters look like and your desired outcome, the better the community can assist with the next steps 🙂

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
ABergunder

Thanks for the reply Kristen!

The majority of the data that's included in the reports comes from other external systems, so we pass things into HubSpot through the API and then reflect them in the emails with some custom tokens.
But to avoid packing more variables than we need into that API data, it would be great to use HubSpot's own datetime tokens for the date portion, and then modify that to display the day prior to the email's send date.
So something along the lines of

{{ content.publish_date - [1 day] | format_date ('long') }}

is what I've had in mind, but obviously isn't quite right.

Thanks

0 Upvotes