Reporting & Analytics

StephanieYoung
Participant

Migrating click-through data?

SOLVE

Hi there - I'm working on migrating from an old CRM to Hubspot and am struggling with something.  Our old CRM will spit out a list of timestamped click-throughs so I can figure out which of our contacts are reading/responding to our emails.  Since all of that already exists, what can I do with that data in Hubspot?  I've been using the Engagements API to create call, email, task events but I'm not seeing a solution for legacy click throughs.  Ultimately I'd like to build click throughs into our contact Hubspot score so we know who our marketing is really working for.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
louischausse
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hey @StephanieYoung 

Interesting use case!

Unfortunately, you can't import email clicks in HubSpot (Don't worry when you will send email from HS opens and clicks will be tracked and you will be able to Score those actions)

What I suggest is important this data from your former CRM as "Notes" with the engagement API.

Use a naming convention that you are comfortable with (i.e. "Click in a marketing email: Name of email") and then you will be able to give a score with a rule like "If Note include "Click in a marketing email"

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/engagements

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 8.22.43 AM.png

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
louischausse
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @StephanieYoung 

Interesting use case!

Unfortunately, you can't import email clicks in HubSpot (Don't worry when you will send email from HS opens and clicks will be tracked and you will be able to Score those actions)

What I suggest is important this data from your former CRM as "Notes" with the engagement API.

Use a naming convention that you are comfortable with (i.e. "Click in a marketing email: Name of email") and then you will be able to give a score with a rule like "If Note include "Click in a marketing email"

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/engagements

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 8.22.43 AM.png

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
StephanieYoung
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @louischausse - we're using Hubspot as an applicant tracking system/CRM rather than a sales CRM for the time being, so our use is a little different than the norm: our Hubspot score is actually more like a candidate scoring measure.  This is really helpful, and I'll be able to work with this.  Thank you!

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @StephanieYoung,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @louischausse @markkofman @himanshurauthan, would you be able to share your thoughts with @StephanieYoung?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes