Reporting & Analytics

zdasgupta
Contributor

Marketing Report Using Contact List and Company list - can't pick lists using both

SOLVE

Marketing Report Using Contacts and Company lists.  I am trying to create a list of companies with open or closed deals and associated contacts of these companies who have taken marketing action by filling up a form. So, in other words I am trying to see all contacts, who are associated with companies with closed/lost /open deals and have engaged with a marketing activity.  I  don't see any option to pick lists for both under List membership for companies and contacts. If lists are not the right way to find these contacts and companies engaged with marketing activity, how else can I do so?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Marketing Report Using Contact List and Company list - can't pick lists using both

SOLVE

Hi @zdasgupta,

That would have to be a Cross-object report or a report built with the Custom Report Builder:

cross-object.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @zdasgupta,

That would have to be a Cross-object report or a report built with the Custom Report Builder:

cross-object.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

zdasgupta
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Got it, thank you!

Zayeeta

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @zdasgupta,

I wouldn't focus too much on lists here. Once you've found the correct configuration of your report, you can select a Table as Visualization, which is effectively a list.

Regarding your first question, companies with open or closed deals, you'd navigate to Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Cross-object > Companies + Deals. Under Filters, set the Deals Filters to Create date is known and Company Filters to Create date is known (or any other time frame that makes sense). Click Hide Filters and select the columns you'd like to display, for example Name (Company), Deal stage (Deal) and Count of Deals. Depending on the count of deals, the visualization will look like a mess so I'd recommend playing around with a Stacked view (Display options) and narrowing down the time frame.

If you want to see a report of contacts associated deals, you'd approach this the exact same way (pick Contacts + Deals in the first step). Alternatively, you could create a list (Contacts > Lists > Create list > Contact-based). Once you've given a name to the list, you should see Filter type in the left sidebar. Select Deal properties and pick anything that makes sense. If you want a list of all contacts associated with deals, you would filter for Deal properties > Create date is known. If you want a list of contacts associated with open deals, filter by Deal stage is none of Closed won or Closed lost. Of course, you can also add additional company filters to the list.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

zdasgupta
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Thank you for clarifying and explaining the steps, it was helpful indeed!

One quick follow up question - so  if I were to create a record of companies, associated contacts, closed or lost deals and add marketing event filter, is that possible to do so? Will it be possible to do so in a company report, or do i have to create a contact report?  

Thanks, 

Zayeeta