Reporting & Analytics

GHunt5
Participant

Losing UTM's

SOLVE

I have contacts coming in that should have UTM data populating.  We have custom fields on the form for UTM's. 

GHunt5_0-1659369500727.png

For some reason the UTM seems to be dropping off.

They visit this page that has the UTM data

They click "Request Demo" and are redirected to this page for the form fill.  When they come into the system they have Original Source = Paid Search but the UTM data is blank.

Can anyone help me understand why the UTM is not pushing through?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Losing UTM's

SOLVE

Hi @GHunt5 ,

When people land on the first page, the UTM data is still available in the URL, but when they click on the Request Demo button, the UTM data is no longer available in the URL.

HubSpot forms will prefill any input that is set as an URL Param, so example.com?email=teun@brightdigital.com&utm_term=example will fill the email input and the UTM term input. But those params are not available on the request demo page. So you need a way to pass those to the Request Demo page.

This article describes how you can achieve that using Google Tag manager, but the script should work as well if you add it to the head of your template.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Teun
Solution

Losing UTM's

SOLVE

Hi @GHunt5 ,

When people land on the first page, the UTM data is still available in the URL, but when they click on the Request Demo button, the UTM data is no longer available in the URL.

HubSpot forms will prefill any input that is set as an URL Param, so example.com?email=teun@brightdigital.com&utm_term=example will fill the email input and the UTM term input. But those params are not available on the request demo page. So you need a way to pass those to the Request Demo page.

This article describes how you can achieve that using Google Tag manager, but the script should work as well if you add it to the head of your template.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.