Reporting & Analytics

Anicklow
Contributor

Is it possible to add "List performance" report to a dashboard, or how could I recreate one?

SOLVE

Hello,

I have 5 lists in Hubspot that I would like to moniter the contacts that go in and out of that list over time. Is there a way to create a custom report that shows growth rate (and/or raw number count) in enrolled contacts in those lists? 

I am able to see the this in the "List performance" feature, however I would like to have all five in one spot for an easier access.

Anything would help. thank you!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Is it possible to add "List performance" report to a dashboard, or how could I recreate one?

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

Except for a few very specific exceptions, HubSpot will only ever look at the current state of records, not their history.

If you have access to workflows however, there would be a workaround. First you would create a custom date property. This is essentially mimicking the list join date.

Next, you would create a contact-based workflow, that enrolls contacts on exactly the same criteria as your list had. The only action in this workflow would be to set the value of the custom date property to the date of the step (= the current date). In other words, whenever a contact enters the workflow, HubSpot is storing the current date in the property.

With this information, you can now create a custom contact report and display the count of contacts and this custom date property. This wouldn't be shown in a cumulative way but you could see how many contacts "joined the list" (= met the criteria) over time.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Anicklow
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you both! @webdew.,These are active lists and only have one contact property that is sorting them. If that is the case, would I be able to create a custom report that showes their counts and growth? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

Except for a few very specific exceptions, HubSpot will only ever look at the current state of records, not their history.

If you have access to workflows however, there would be a workaround. First you would create a custom date property. This is essentially mimicking the list join date.

Next, you would create a contact-based workflow, that enrolls contacts on exactly the same criteria as your list had. The only action in this workflow would be to set the value of the custom date property to the date of the step (= the current date). In other words, whenever a contact enters the workflow, HubSpot is storing the current date in the property.

With this information, you can now create a custom contact report and display the count of contacts and this custom date property. This wouldn't be shown in a cumulative way but you could see how many contacts "joined the list" (= met the criteria) over time.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow ,

Hey! For this, we are not able to see the list movement within a report like what you wanted. However, it really depends on what are the filters used within those lists. Using those filters, we can potentially create a custom report to check which contacts fulfil the list at any one point.

Sure, so firstly, we need to look within the list. If these lists are active lists, it means that the contacts are being filtered into the list based on certain conditions.

After which, we used the different list filters to create a report.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

However, to answer your query, more specifically. Currently HubSpot does not have the ability to show a combine "list performance" for 5 list within the same place.

Thanks and Regards. 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

This is not possible at this stage but – good news – a request made to the product team is currently being reviewed, as of May 2021. I'd recommend upvoting the request: List Performance Reports in Dashboards

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler