Reporting & Analytics

LSadowski
Contributor

Interaction Source Data 2 as a Drilldown/Dimension in Attribution Reports

EDIT: The solution here would be to use the dimension "UTM Campaign" which in this use case is the field I was looking for.

My company uses HubSpot's contact create attribution reports as a single source of truth for lead generation/conversion as well as ROI analytics, drilling down to a level where we report the impact of each paid campaign per channel, i.e. not just Paid Search vs. Paid Social vs. Organic Search etc, but Google Search campaign A vs. campaign B, or the same on LinkedIn etc.

I ran into the following limitation and would like to learn if there is a workaround, or if this can be submitted as a feature request:

- When we drill down the Paid Search channel, we can use the dimension "Interaction data 1" to distinguish the impact of each paid search campaign - this relfects the concept of the property "original source drill-down 1" I believe, but instead of showing just the first/original touchpoint, it shows the values for any interactions that happened for a visitor/contact until the moment of contact creation. All good.

- But when we try to do the same for the Paid Social channel, we only see the name of the ad network as Interaction Source Data 1 values, e.g. Facebook or LinkedIn. Here it would be crucial to be able to drill down into an "Interaction Data 2" dimension, and I am wondering if HubSpot is already recording this data point or if this would still need to be implemented?

So to summarize, we currently see no way of reporting the impact of individual Paid Social campaigns on our contact creation efforts and would really appreciate this ability.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LSadowski,

thank you so much for sharing the solution!  

Would you like some input from other Community members or have you decided that this approach works best for you? 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

LSadowski
Contributor

I think this works for this use case for now, I was actually at first looking for a way to delete this post after I found the solution myself, but couldn't seem to find a way to do so - in case there is a way to delete own posts, feel free to share it with me?

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Got it, while there's no option to delete a post, you can always reach out to community@hubspot.com  if you'd like us to delete your content. 

If you don't mind, I'd actually leave your post online as it's really well-written and the solution could help other users. I hope that's okay! 

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings