Reporting & Analytics

aazar

Installing hubspot but want deeper understanding

Hey folks! Right now my hubspot is connected to zapier. We don't have an understanding of - We have hubspot sales hub so far. 

1 - The real lead-source

2 - How many and which pages leads visited?

Now my problem is:

Just installing the hubspot tracking code on my website. Will the forms auto-capture the informations and create a unique contact id?

- Will it automatically tell me the which pages they've visited? I don't see that yet.

Other than the installing the code, should subscribe to content traffic reporting to actually understand this?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Installing hubspot but want deeper understanding

Hi @aazar !   A lot to unpack here!  🙂 

• Just installing the hubspot tracking code on my website. Will the forms auto-capture the informations and create a unique contact id?
    • If you are using external forms rather than embedding HubSpot forms then you need to set up your system to actually collect the values being captured as outlined in this article.
  • Will it automatically tell me the which pages they've visited? I don't see that yet.
    • This information will be available only if HubSpot can link a cookie to the submission, read more here
  • Other than the installing the code, should subscribe to content traffic reporting to actually understand this?
    • It's my understanding that for traffic reporting you would need a higher subscription as you can see here.  I think that the setting linked in the first section might be the answer though.

Let me know if you have any questions!

0 Upvotes