Reporting & Analytics

MaayanSel
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Imported contacts from webinar

SOLVE

I ran a webinar on a 3 party platform that doesn't sync with HS. Now I'm importing all my leads, one list of registrants who didn't attend and another for those who did. I have the sync to SF all set up, but how do I tag contacts who attended? I want my sales reps to know who they are. 

I have set up scoring as well. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
gpicajr
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

If your sales team is working in salesforce, this can be acheived with a salesforce campaign.

- create a campaign for the event in SF and create campaign status for Registered and Attended

- import seperate lists into hubspot for Registered and Attended

- use hubspot workflow to send attended to this SF campaign with the campaign status Attended

use another hubspot workflow to send registered to same SF campaign with the campaign status registered

- your sales team can use lead views and contact views to see the prospects assigned to them and their campaign status

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
gpicajr
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

If your sales team is working in salesforce, this can be acheived with a salesforce campaign.

- create a campaign for the event in SF and create campaign status for Registered and Attended

- import seperate lists into hubspot for Registered and Attended

- use hubspot workflow to send attended to this SF campaign with the campaign status Attended

use another hubspot workflow to send registered to same SF campaign with the campaign status registered

- your sales team can use lead views and contact views to see the prospects assigned to them and their campaign status

MaayanSel

SOLVE

Hi @gpicajr, that's exactly what we ended up doing. Thanks!

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @MaayanSel You can always add a contact property specific to that webinar, but that could get unwieldy if webinars are a normal part of your marketing or business flow. If you have your webinars planed for the quarter/year you could add a multiple select property that includes each webinar. Either way, a specific property is most likely your best bet. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
trevordjones
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE
Spoiler
The multi-select is a good idea if you plan to set the webinar attendance property manually, but if you're setting this mostly by workflow as I suggested, I think you're probably better off leaving it as a text field, since you'll use each Webinar title once in bulk.  

I say use the title once, because I'd probably use a naming convention like "[Webinar Title], [Date]" so i'd know which instance of a particular webinar the prospect attended.
- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

trevordjones

SOLVE

I can think of a couple of different approaches you could use to accomplish this.  One would be to create a Property in HS Called "Event Attended" or something like that.  Then use a one-time workflow in HubSpot to set the property to Yes or No (and perhaps the name of the webinar so you can reuse the field next time), based upon the prospect's membership in the static list.  

Then, create a mirror of that field in Salesforce and make sure that your Salesforce Sync is set up to sync those fields.  

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.