Reporting & Analytics

ArieKelmachter
Participant

Identified Mail Domain

SOLVE

Hi,

I was recently reading this knowledge base article covering direct traffic. What does "Identified Mail Domain" mean? Examples?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Identified Mail Domain

SOLVE

Hi @ArieKelmachter,

This is indeed a bit ambiguous and leaves room for speculation. Here's how I would interpret this: If one of your website visitors accesses your page through a link from another webpage and if HubSpot can determine that this referring page is not a page but an identified email domain, HubSpot will consider this traffic direct traffic instead of referral traffic.

Identified email domains are very likely referring to email sending domains authenticated with the DKIM method: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/domains-and-urls/connect-your-email-sending-domain

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Identified Mail Domain

SOLVE

Hi @ArieKelmachter,

This is indeed a bit ambiguous and leaves room for speculation. Here's how I would interpret this: If one of your website visitors accesses your page through a link from another webpage and if HubSpot can determine that this referring page is not a page but an identified email domain, HubSpot will consider this traffic direct traffic instead of referral traffic.

Identified email domains are very likely referring to email sending domains authenticated with the DKIM method: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/domains-and-urls/connect-your-email-sending-domain

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Identified Mail Domain

SOLVE

Hi @ArieKelmachter ,

An 'Identified Email Domain' is an authenticated email address. DKIM is an email authentication method that detects forged sender addresses in emails. Before sending marketing mail in HubSpot, we have to do the DKIM settings. Check this article here: Connect your email sending domain (hubspot.com)

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.