Reporting & Analytics

CapChris
Participant

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

How do you tell Hubspot that a company is an ISP and you want to exclude it from any Hubspot activity?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: How do you tell Hubspot that a company is an ISP and you want to exclude it from any Hubspot activity??

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Sorta depends on which HubSpot activity specifically, but here are a couple good places to start.

- see Exclude traffic from your site analytics

- see Add emails and domains to the 'Never Log' list

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
lauftn
Participant

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

We would like to add :

trm.re
idom.fr
ovh.net
ovh.com
renater.fr
univ-reunion.fr
orange-business.com
sfr.fr
fullsave.info
mls.nc
canl.nc
orange.cm
cyberservices.com
free-mobile.fr
ib83js.me
celeste.fr

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: How do you tell Hubspot that a company is an ISP and you want to exclude it from any Hubspot activity??

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Sorta depends on which HubSpot activity specifically, but here are a couple good places to start.

- see Exclude traffic from your site analytics

- see Add emails and domains to the 'Never Log' list

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
CapChris
Participant

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

I think this partly answers the question in that you can I think exclude the ISP domain in this way. A more elegant solution, and one that seems to be there for Hubspot, is to add known ISPs by checking the ISP box: this would allow the Hubspot users to add to this list quickly as they review a new prospect. I will check the box to say answered after sending this message.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

There is also the separate ability to filter in the HubSpot Prospects tool.

- see image

HubSpot Prospects ToolHubSpot Prospects Tool

- see Track prospects

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
CapChris
Participant

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

Already doing this filtering. What I want to do, against an organisation (prospect), is set the ISP flag to be true myself, so it does not appear again on the list with this filter enabled...

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

Agreed. Unfortunately, that's a HubSpot flag over which we have no control. We just have to wait for HubSpot to update that internal list of ISP's. In the meantime, we build our own exclusion/inclusion criteria for prospects.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

Hi all,

Just to update this thread, if you are able to share the names of the ISPs you are seeing with the technical support team (and through the Community if this is your support channel), we can work on resolving this matter. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
cwolniewicz1
Participant

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, I did reach out to tech support and we pulled together a list of the ISP's that are showing up so the ISP database can be updated. I'll continue to send any other outliers I find to tech support. Thank you! Cathy 

Here are some that were idenitifed in case it's helpful for anyone else, and for reference until the database is updated: 

wosa.cz

orange (mobistar.be)

stellar-pcs.com

qihoo.net

krlan.ru

herault-networks.fr

ip-51-38-88.eu

yun-idc.com

freenet.com.ua

frontiir.com

egrisi.ge

allophone.net

aliyun.net

ptt.rs

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

Thanks @cwolniewicz1! I'll share the information with the team so they can action these accordingly. 

cwolniewicz1
Participant

ISP exclusion

SOLVE

It looks like the default setting for filtering an ISP is only within the US? I'm finding that even through I have the filter internet service provider is equal to False I'm still seeting ISP providers from all over the world. I would like to filter those out as well without having to create a separate filter based on IP address as this is tedious. Appreciate any feedback. Thank you! 

0 Upvotes