Reporting & Analytics

MPog
Participant

I`m trying to pass utm_campaign to Original source drill-down 2

SOLVE

Hi!

How can I pass my utm_campaign or other "utms" to Original source drill-down 2 in HS? I must to have my "utms" in HS contacts, the best way is to get it into Original source drill-down 2, but I can store that data in other column. Please help me.

1 Accepted solution
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @MPog,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

HubSpot strips UTM parameters from the visited URLs on contact records (e.g. www.domain.com/page?utm_source=string), however, you can find the contacts associated with UTM campaigns within the sources reportAt this time, we would not be able to store UTM values in the Orignal Source properties, as these are set by default from HubSpot, but we can save the UTM values to the contact record if the user submits their info from a HubSpot Form. In regards to understanding Original Source properties, see Understand 'Original source drill-down' properties.

To save the UTM parameters to the contact record from a Form, we would auto-populate Form fields with a query string using hidden fields. Essentially, this method will extract the UTM parameters from the query string automatically and can save these to custom properties on the contact record upon submission. See Auto-populate form fields with a query string - Knowledge Base to understand this method further. While we don't have direct documentation on this workaround, there are a few non-HubSpot resources that describe the method in detail.
-see How to pass UTM parameters into a HubSpot form

I hope this helps! Happy to discuss this further here!

Best,

Brendan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @MPog,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

HubSpot strips UTM parameters from the visited URLs on contact records (e.g. www.domain.com/page?utm_source=string), however, you can find the contacts associated with UTM campaigns within the sources reportAt this time, we would not be able to store UTM values in the Orignal Source properties, as these are set by default from HubSpot, but we can save the UTM values to the contact record if the user submits their info from a HubSpot Form. In regards to understanding Original Source properties, see Understand 'Original source drill-down' properties.

To save the UTM parameters to the contact record from a Form, we would auto-populate Form fields with a query string using hidden fields. Essentially, this method will extract the UTM parameters from the query string automatically and can save these to custom properties on the contact record upon submission. See Auto-populate form fields with a query string - Knowledge Base to understand this method further. While we don't have direct documentation on this workaround, there are a few non-HubSpot resources that describe the method in detail.
-see How to pass UTM parameters into a HubSpot form

I hope this helps! Happy to discuss this further here!

Best,

Brendan

MPog
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, making new group of parameters with new parameters was good sollution.