Reporting & Analytics

yayabobi1
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hubspot not writing to first party cookie

SOLVE

Have you experienned Hubspot writing to third party cookie instead of first party cookie? What can be done here

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TomM2
Solution
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag Jen! 

@yayabobi1 those are actually cloudflare cookies (HubSpot's CDN provider) and are used for rate limiting detection. 

There's more info on them here

They're dropped by cloudflare for rate limiting and bot detection, since HubSpot uses cloudflare as a CDN they come as a package deal really. They would be third party cookies too. 

The main HubSpot analytics cookies are first party however. 

Tom Mahon
Technical Conlsultant | Solutions Engineer | Community Champion
Baskey Digitial

Book a meeting

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community (and me) by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Jnix284
Hall of Famer | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@yayabobi1 if you're using a HubSpot website or the tracking script on a non-hubspot website, both are considered first-party (yours = first).

Is this the cookie you're seeing as third-party? Can you please provide more details, screenshots, etc?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
yayabobi1

SOLVE

All of these are being written to the third party cookie. However, with Hubspto cookies, once a user performs an action like click to a second page then we start getting information from hubspot on the first party cookie. there is no consent banner on the website and no consent is requested

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 17.43.52.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

@yayabobi1 thank you for the additional details, this is very interesting and not something I've run into before - where is the website hosted? 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
yayabobi1

SOLVE

The website is a wordpress website built with Elementor and using Strattic - a headless CMS and static HTML page generator.

Jnix284

SOLVE

Thank you @yayabobi1 

I'm wondering if @TomM2 or @erindigsmusic have run into this before - where HS cookies on WP are showing as third-party instead of first?

0 Upvotes
TomM2
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag Jen! 

@yayabobi1 those are actually cloudflare cookies (HubSpot's CDN provider) and are used for rate limiting detection. 

There's more info on them here

They're dropped by cloudflare for rate limiting and bot detection, since HubSpot uses cloudflare as a CDN they come as a package deal really. They would be third party cookies too. 

The main HubSpot analytics cookies are first party however. 

Tom Mahon
Technical Conlsultant | Solutions Engineer | Community Champion
Baskey Digitial

Book a meeting

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community (and me) by marking it as a solution.

yayabobi1

SOLVE

Thanks but these are the only cookies I am seeing relating to Hubspot

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

@yayabobi1 how do you have the tracking script included on the website? via the HS plugin or adding the script to the code directly?

I'm not sure if that will make a difference, although I'd like to see if I can confirm the same behavior on another WP site configured the same way.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

Awesome, thank you for the detailed explanation @TomM2! 🙌 

0 Upvotes