HubSpot tracking code does not record data from this particular form

SOLVE
Hollyce
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi all.

I recently installed the HubSpot tracking code on https://www.boattest.com/

It records data from some forms on the site, but not all. In particular, I would like to grab the data from this "Search for a New Boat" form. I would like the user selections from "Size," "Type" and "Manufacturer" to be recorded in the HubSpot properties I created for those three items. Can anyone help me out?

For further context, here is a screenshot showing that is actually a form. The form class "c-boat-search" does not even show up as a Collected form. (Other forms on this site do). 

BoatTest-search-form-screenshot.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Tnichs
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

HI

In order for HubSpot to capture the details it would need a contact record to assign the values to - But as you have no email address field, it wouldn't know where to assign the data to.

The form you're using is more of a website filter than a submission or enquiry form so adding an email address is probably not the best user experience as people won't want to enter an email just to be able to use a filter or do a site search.  

klood digital, creating gameplans for SaaS Success

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Tnichs
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

HI

In order for HubSpot to capture the details it would need a contact record to assign the values to - But as you have no email address field, it wouldn't know where to assign the data to.

The form you're using is more of a website filter than a submission or enquiry form so adding an email address is probably not the best user experience as people won't want to enter an email just to be able to use a filter or do a site search.  

klood digital, creating gameplans for SaaS Success

View solution in original post

Hollyce
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Thanks Tnichs. While we do want to capture the "interests" if you will and most people who are searching will be logged in members, I found an alternative solution. I can create analytics events from the search results page URL. Thanks!

0 Upvotes