Reporting & Analytics

Hollyce
Contributor | Diamond Partner

HubSpot tracking code does not record data from this particular form

SOLVE

Hi all.

I recently installed the HubSpot tracking code on https://www.boattest.com/

It records data from some forms on the site, but not all. In particular, I would like to grab the data from this "Search for a New Boat" form. I would like the user selections from "Size," "Type" and "Manufacturer" to be recorded in the HubSpot properties I created for those three items. Can anyone help me out?

For further context, here is a screenshot showing that is actually a form. The form class "c-boat-search" does not even show up as a Collected form. (Other forms on this site do). 

BoatTest-search-form-screenshot.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Tnichs
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

HI

In order for HubSpot to capture the details it would need a contact record to assign the values to - But as you have no email address field, it wouldn't know where to assign the data to.

The form you're using is more of a website filter than a submission or enquiry form so adding an email address is probably not the best user experience as people won't want to enter an email just to be able to use a filter or do a site search.  

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Tnichs
Solution

SOLVE

HI

In order for HubSpot to capture the details it would need a contact record to assign the values to - But as you have no email address field, it wouldn't know where to assign the data to.

The form you're using is more of a website filter than a submission or enquiry form so adding an email address is probably not the best user experience as people won't want to enter an email just to be able to use a filter or do a site search.  

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero
Hollyce

SOLVE

Thanks Tnichs. While we do want to capture the "interests" if you will and most people who are searching will be logged in members, I found an alternative solution. I can create analytics events from the search results page URL. Thanks!

0 Upvotes