Reporting & Analytics

AHanno9
Participant

HubSpot becoming more and more challenging to use for attribution - Ads integration

Is anyone confident in HubSpot as an attribution platform?

For Ads Campaigns, the integration has always been subpar - integrating an Ads Campaign as an Asset in a HubSpot Campaign gives you the following note:

"The number of new or existing contacts that engaged with one or more assets in this campaign, for example, visited a blog or opened an email. This doesn't include contacts that engaged with ad campaigns."

I just learned today that if a contact comes to the site organically and downloads an eBook, then has no interactions for 9 months, and then converts on a lead gen form 3 separate times in 3 separate days before a deal is created, 100% of that attribution will go to the eBook download.

IMO this makes HubSpot useless as an attribution tool given our strategy relies heavily on paid search and social.

Has anyone tackled this issue? Would attaching a Workflow that handles LinkedIn Lead Gen conversions to the HubSpot Campaign be a potential workaround here?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubSpot becoming more and more challenging to use for attribution - Ads integration

Hi @AHanno9,

In Marketing and CMS Hub Professional, there are attribution reports. If you are on one of these subscriptions, ahve you explored them? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-attribution-reports

These reports let you choose an attribution model beyond the first touch attribution:

karstenkoehler_0-1667414862176.png

So generally, this feature is available, it's just not accessible in all HubSpot licenses.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AHanno9
Participant

Hi Karsten - thanks for your response! We have Marketing Hub Enterprise so we do use these.

I was explicitly told by HubSpot that in the scenario I provided, attribution would 100% go to that first conversion (even if using other attribution models) because HubSpot campaigns don't keep count of New or Influenced Contacts that come from Ad integration to the HubSpot Campaign.

If you're saying you know this to be incorrect, I'll be more than happy!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @AHanno9,

Interesting – I'm currently trying to test scenarios to confirm. Did HubSpot support provide any documentation along with their response?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes