Reporting & Analytics

ARavera
Participant

How to see how many times a file was opened

SOLVE

Hi!

I use the "Files" feature from hubspot to upload files and then share the in social media and email marketing.

I was wondering how I can see how many times that file was clicked, is there a way?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
APrigent
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @ARavera ,

For email marketing, you can go to the "detail" section of each email to see the report about the number of clicks made on each link. This will give you an overview of the number of contacts who clicked to download your content!

Example:

Capture d’écran 2022-11-02 à 11.47.04.png

Regarding social networks, if you use Hubspot to schedule your posts, you will be able to have a report on the number of clicks generated via the post. But I would rather advise you to share a landing page to make your content downloadable, rather than leaving it freely available regarding your posts on social networks!

Setting up a landing page with a download form to access the content will allow you to have a better tracking from an analytics point of view. But most of all, it will allow you to do lead gen and expand your database with new contacts! 

I hope I helped you,
Have a nice day!

Alice

alice.prigent@markentive.com

View solution in original post

JenBergren
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @ARavera ! In the future, you could turn the file link into a UTM link, and insert the UTM link into your emails and social post. I don't believe it will record clicks (see @APrigent 's advice for the email side of measuring clicks) but you could track which contacts originated from that source https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Mattheus
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@ARavera you could use a CTA buttons to easily get the total number of file views from your website and e-mails in one place. But that would not include socials. However, using a CTA buttons enables you to start or stop workflows like lead nurturing which is an additional benefit.

Here is a workaround to get an insight to the total number of views:
Make a redirect url to your file. Then use google analytics to see how many times that redirect URL was hit. This works for both social and email/website. You can even combine this with the CTA button if you target the redirect URL with the CTA button.

JenBergren
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @ARavera ! In the future, you could turn the file link into a UTM link, and insert the UTM link into your emails and social post. I don't believe it will record clicks (see @APrigent 's advice for the email side of measuring clicks) but you could track which contacts originated from that source https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
APrigent
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @ARavera ,

For email marketing, you can go to the "detail" section of each email to see the report about the number of clicks made on each link. This will give you an overview of the number of contacts who clicked to download your content!

Example:

Capture d’écran 2022-11-02 à 11.47.04.png

Regarding social networks, if you use Hubspot to schedule your posts, you will be able to have a report on the number of clicks generated via the post. But I would rather advise you to share a landing page to make your content downloadable, rather than leaving it freely available regarding your posts on social networks!

Setting up a landing page with a download form to access the content will allow you to have a better tracking from an analytics point of view. But most of all, it will allow you to do lead gen and expand your database with new contacts! 

I hope I helped you,
Have a nice day!

Alice

alice.prigent@markentive.com

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ARavera 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @APrigent @Bruno_Teixeira @JenBergren do you have any thoughts or workarounds for @ARavera on this? 

Thank you!
Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes