Reporting & Analytics

TomL

How to generate a report for the number of times URL pointed to a file is clicked?

SOLVE

I am trying to see if their is a report showinf how many times a file has been opened by a click on the "Hubspot" generated URL.  It would also be nice to have the IP address of the clicker.  I know this report must be here somewhere.  

Help !

1 Accepted solution
TomL
Solution

How to generate a report for the number of times URL pointed to a file is clicked?

SOLVE

So you would send a CTA in an email where your offering to show a product?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TomL

If you have HubSpot Marketing Hub Enterprise, then you can create a custom event that reports how many time the link to a file has been clicked. You should also see these events in the timeline for known contacts. And HubSpot logs the IP address of known contacts who have converted on your forms or emails. 

Without Enterprise though, I don't think you will be able to capture this information. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender, would you maybe recommend a HubSpot CTA instead?

That way the stats stay within the HubSpot ecosystem.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson Haha, yes of course! If a CTA (effectivly an image) will work, then its perfect. I really focussed on the word 'link' for some reason, which makes me think of text. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender, yea, that "Hubspot generated URL" part threw me off. At first I thought "Oh man. What new non-CTA parameter tracking kung fu is that?" haha

Good for a laugh on a Friday. Good weeked all.

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
TomL
Solution

SOLVE

So you would send a CTA in an email where your offering to show a product?

0 Upvotes
TomL

SOLVE

I see what your saying!

0 Upvotes
TomL

SOLVE

I think you are correct !  The only way I see around this is to run the Hubspot link through my Bitly account and then use Bitly for scoring content.  

0 Upvotes