Reporting & Analytics

AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

How to exclude traffic who visit a particular web page on site

SOLVE

Hello, we have a number of employees who work offsite at a client's office. They will often access a page on our website called - Employee access - to remotely access their emails and internal intranet. 

Is it possible to exclude this traffic but still track traffic coming from this client's office? I can already see in analytics we have a number of visitors from this client when viewing the Prospects tool in hubspot. I then have to look into each visitor to see which ones are visiting - the employee access page - and which ones are genuine prospects visiting other pages on our site.  It would be helpful if I could filter out any traffic visiting this employee access page.

Thank you

Allison 

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

I think you have a couple of options here:

• Don't put the HubSpot tracking code on that page - not sure if this system will allow this and it would not be 100% accurate of the employees still come to the homepage to click the link, vs using a bookmark for the specific URL
  • Use a refferring url that redirects to that page (IE: comapanyemployeepage.com)
    • You can exclude specific referrer URLS from tracking in HubSpot
  • Exclude the IP, though it sounds like this is not ideal as only some of the people at that IP are your employees, not all of them

I've ordered these in order of ideal solution, from best to worst - solely based on my opinion. 🙂

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus,

Is your site (this page in particular) hosted on the HubSpot CMS or is it something else, like WordPress?

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Josh, the employee access page is hosted on a different CMS - expression engine.

Thanks

Allison 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

I think you have a couple of options here:

• Don't put the HubSpot tracking code on that page - not sure if this system will allow this and it would not be 100% accurate of the employees still come to the homepage to click the link, vs using a bookmark for the specific URL
  • Use a refferring url that redirects to that page (IE: comapanyemployeepage.com)
    • You can exclude specific referrer URLS from tracking in HubSpot
  • Exclude the IP, though it sounds like this is not ideal as only some of the people at that IP are your employees, not all of them

I've ordered these in order of ideal solution, from best to worst - solely based on my opinion. 🙂

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes