Reporting & Analytics

LocalJobNetwork
Participant

How do I create a report showing total contacts (from a list) by month?

SOLVE

We are trying to show a report on our dashboard that displays total contacts (in a list we have) by month. 

We have a report already that shows total contacts (filtered by that list) that were created each month, but we would like to see the total number of those contacts as well. 

Ideally it would be a dual bar graph showing an overall total, as well as the "net new" contacts (the amount created each month). 

Is this possible? I called HubSpot and they didn't seem to think so.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LocalJobNetwork 

A stacked, cumulative line or area chart should show your growing total. Here's an example from a test portal:

Report Builder   HubSpot (2).png

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alex_flitton
Participant

SOLVE

I am looking for a similar style of report. Ideally, I'd be able to see my total sum of contacts, not just the new ones generated in a week.

Currently, I am trying to create a report that shows me the total number of people who are subscribed to our blog, not just the net number of subscribers generated. I'd love to see what the total number is and what the net new/lost number of subscribers is for the week.

In the reports here, I only see how to create a report for new contacts and show it in a cumulative manner.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @LocalJobNetwork 

You can't display this as a bar chart, or overlay it on another report, but you can build a report to show it. 

Switch you contacts by created month report to line or area style and then select cumulative from the display options. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
LocalJobNetwork
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for your insight. Can you elaborate a little bit more on building that report? 

I tried what you said but I still can't get a report showing our total contacts. I can see total contacts created by month or date, but not the overal total of contacts. 

Selecting cumulative does not show the total. My report is showing the total growth per month, but not my overall contact number (example: 1k per week new, but 130k total).

Thanks,

Andy

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @LocalJobNetwork 

A stacked, cumulative line or area chart should show your growing total. Here's an example from a test portal:

Report Builder   HubSpot (2).png

Hope this helps.

NathanL
Participant

SOLVE

Hi - I'm trying to do the same thing, but the "Display Options" drop-down you've directed the user to here does not appear in my custom report builder. Has that moved somewhere new? If so, how do I find it?

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Upvotes