Reporting & Analytics

GWalsh
Contributor

Historical Contact Reporting

SOLVE

Hi All, 

I am trying to build reporting to tell me how many emails our contacts have opened in a specific time period by territory.  The reporting currently is not able to correctly match a quantity of emails opened/clicked to a single contact -- wondering if anyone has a good work around?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GWalsh,

Reporting options for emails can be limited, depending on what exactly one is looking for.

Navigate to Menu > Marketing > Email > tab Analyze. Here you can filter for a campaign and a date range. All reports will have these filters applied and you can save them to a dashboard. I'd recommend naming them correctly immediately as you'll sometimes not be able to tell which campaign filter was applied to them originally:

karstenkoehler_1-1666153606678.png

Additionally, you can use the custom report builder (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder > data source Marketing emails) to look at one email metric a time for specific campaigns or marketing emails:

karstenkoehler_0-1666153579271.png

Best regards!

PS. I just added a request to the product team to improve the marketing email analytics tool. The ability to select specific emails would help tremendously: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-ability-to-select-specific-marketing-emails-in-ma...

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
GWalsh
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

I am trying to create an accurate report with this type of data. The data does not pull accurately in the custom report builder when selecting "Sum of Emails"

GWalsh_0-1666206711430.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GWalsh,

I'm not able to troubleshoot this without access to your portal and more details (exact report settings and filters, what you're expecting to see, what you're seeing, actual data comparison of the values you know are right vs the ones that are displaying). If you think that the tool is not behaving as expected, it's usually best to reach out to HubSpot customer support as they can access this information directly.

In any case, these two tools, marketing email analytics and the custom report builder, would currently be the places where you can access marketing email data.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GWalsh,

Reporting options for emails can be limited, depending on what exactly one is looking for.

Navigate to Menu > Marketing > Email > tab Analyze. Here you can filter for a campaign and a date range. All reports will have these filters applied and you can save them to a dashboard. I'd recommend naming them correctly immediately as you'll sometimes not be able to tell which campaign filter was applied to them originally:

karstenkoehler_1-1666153606678.png

Additionally, you can use the custom report builder (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder > data source Marketing emails) to look at one email metric a time for specific campaigns or marketing emails:

karstenkoehler_0-1666153579271.png

Best regards!

PS. I just added a request to the product team to improve the marketing email analytics tool. The ability to select specific emails would help tremendously: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-ability-to-select-specific-marketing-emails-in-ma...

Karsten Köhler