Reporting & Analytics

McBainKD
Contributor

Help Creating Cohesive Sales Manager Reports for Commission

SOLVE

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to the Operations side of a business (actually just got this task thrown on me this morning) and was wondering if anyone might be able to help me make sense of the back end of Hubspot's Analytics/Reporting features.

My manager and I discussed creating a weekly report to display:

Leads won, Leads lost, What labour is being reported and how effective is that labour.

The goal of these reports is to track weekly leads and efficacy to support bonuses for our sales teams and ensure they're hitting their numbers.

This is some information I've already put together but I know it's not cohesive:

Hubspot Sales Report #1.pngSales Report #2.png

Would happily jump on a call if it's easier, but I'm lost as anything.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @McBainKD,

Tough question to handle via the forum, but here are some thoughts:

• For leads won/lost you might not want to use create date as the date filter. You'll probably want to use the close date for this. It sounds like you are looking for the outcome of the deal, not the fact that a deal was created. 
  • I'm not sure how you are reporting labour in this case, but if it is related to activities such as meetings, calls, emails, etc, you'll want to use an activity report. To break this down by rep, be sure to add "Activity Assigned to" and "Activity Date".
  • If you have access to the Custom Report Builder you are going to get a lot further in creating the perfect dashboard to see your weekly deals and activities.

This gives you the basics, but I would recommend scheduling some time with me or someone else here on the forum to walk through this more in detail if you are still struggling.

I hope this at least points you in the right direction!

Josh

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @McBainKD 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Josh @Edyta7510 @Bryantworks do you have any thoughts on that for @McBainKD ? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

McBainKD
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much 🙂

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @McBainKD,

Tough question to handle via the forum, but here are some thoughts:

• For leads won/lost you might not want to use create date as the date filter. You'll probably want to use the close date for this. It sounds like you are looking for the outcome of the deal, not the fact that a deal was created. 
  • I'm not sure how you are reporting labour in this case, but if it is related to activities such as meetings, calls, emails, etc, you'll want to use an activity report. To break this down by rep, be sure to add "Activity Assigned to" and "Activity Date".
  • If you have access to the Custom Report Builder you are going to get a lot further in creating the perfect dashboard to see your weekly deals and activities.

This gives you the basics, but I would recommend scheduling some time with me or someone else here on the forum to walk through this more in detail if you are still struggling.

I hope this at least points you in the right direction!

Josh

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer