Reporting & Analytics

DIljon

Google Tag Manager/ Google Events Tracking not working on hubspot landing pages

Hello,

I have hubspot forms on both my website in iframes and on hubspot landing pages. Our form completions are tracked as events on Google Analytics. The ones on our website are working perfectly fine, but the forms on our hubspot landing pages stopped tracking about a month ago. I believe this has to do with Google Tag Manager as it no longer seems to be working on my hubspot landing pages.

I didn't make any changes so I am not sure why this is happening. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
DSchmidt14

Hi, I've been experiencing a similar issue. Our form is embedded as an iframe on a Wix website and the conversion has been tracked using Hubspot event listener. It worked fine for a year until the end of last month (Oct 2022). It stopped tracking for about 4 days, but started working again at the beginning of this month. However, it stopped working again 6 days ago. I tested that GTM container loaded correctly but the conversion is still not tracked.  

Anyone has any idea how I can fix this? Thank you.

0 Upvotes
derekcavaliero
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

I would first confirm that the GTM container is loading properly on the landing pages, and try to narrow down the issue.

HubSpot forms don't play well with GTM's default form submit trigger types, you'd be better off pushing a dataLayer event using HubSpot's global submit listeners and using that data in 1 or many tags that are relevant.

If you're already tracking embedded forms in iframes on your main website - you likely are using HubSpot event listeners to do so (since there isn't another option to do so unless you're using some simple URL based conversion tracking.).

Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com
0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @DIljon !

I would like to invite our top experts @derekcavaliero  @troelsfeodor @antoinepotloc have you been able to use this functionality in recent months? 

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
BMithani

Hi Pam &  @derekcavaliero  @troelsfeodor @antoinepotloc 

We are also having this issue, and it has affected campaigns that were alredy live and were providing results. 

Please can you contact me to find a resolution. 
Thanks

0 Upvotes
derekcavaliero

Do you have a page you can provide and what specifically stopped working? What have you done to troubleshoot the issue with GTMs preview mode?

I can say (with absolute certainty) that the callbacks both at the global and local level still work properly (I am using them on over 100+ sites without any issue). If something stopped working its likely unrelated to the callback specifically and instead some other change.

Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com
0 Upvotes
BMithani

Hi Derek, 

Thanks for your message 🙂

Currently, all of our sites are not tracking and we get an error message of it not being found or having a consent box blocking the tag. These are mostly tags that were firing and now they are not, and all new tags.

After some investigation, our team did note that most of our landing pages on our HubSpot page were disconnected and reconnected and now have new SSL verification pending. Our assumption is that is could be the case. We are testing this theory with one of our domains, tcs.ms-co.

However, after 24 hours the SSL verification is still pending, and our Tag is still not firing. Any insight or assistance on this matter would be greatly as we have live campaigns not being tracked.

Thanks

0 Upvotes