Reporting & Analytics

TVinson
Participant

Google Analytics vs Hubspot analytics discrepancies

SOLVE

We have consistently seen lower sessions and visitors in Hubspot vs Google analytics .  Last week (5/9-5/15) we saw more than half less sessions in hubspot than Google analytics.  

Can any one explain why I am seeing lower results in Hubspot vs my Google analytics reports?

If you can explain what we are tracking in both, I am confused and frustrated!  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @TVinson,

This is likely due to the bot filtering that HubSpot has enabled by default in your tracking.  You can read more here!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
achehade

SOLVE

Hi, I'm experiencing a significant discrepancy between Google and HubSpot analytics for search and direct traffic, where these are trending in opposite ways, driving confusion with my team about our current website performance. 

I'm aware these two analytics tools are not the same, but the consensus has always been that these two at least should be trending the same, but now are trending in opposite ways—Hubspot telling us that we're doing worse than last year for these metrics, and Google telling us we're doing better than last year.

GA4 automatically filtered known bots, and I have enabled bot filtering in HubSpot. Assuming that Google Universal Analytics did not have bot filtering enabled, then this would reduce how much better we're doing this year when compared to this year. So bot filtering doesn't address the discrepancy. 

I've also troubleshot that double counting is not the reason for the big discrepancy between GA and Hub.

I have contacted HubSpot support, and this is the best answer I got from them:

" It looks like this ticket keeps getting closed because the 3 day email was sent. It also looks like this ticket was escalated to my internal team about 12 days ago, and unfortunately, there is not any more information that they would be able to provide as we are not getting any error messages on Hubspot which would indicate the information is displaying incorrectly. I want to make sure you're taken care of the best I can, and in this case, that means being transparent with you about our limitations of the tool; I understand this isn't the answer you were wanting, and I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

I know there are other Marketing Hubspot users in my network who are experiencing the same issue, and we're all looking to figure out which tool to trust moving forward and if we can continue to rely on HubSpot's traffic analytics to make data-driven decisions.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @TVinson,

This is likely due to the bot filtering that HubSpot has enabled by default in your tracking.  You can read more here!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
achehade

SOLVE

This accepted solution no longer applies.

0 Upvotes