Reporting & Analytics

WNakayama

Form Submissions Reporting

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to take the submissions from one particular form  and then drill the results down by Company Type (a Company property), and then by ad source. I've been able to find a way to take a list and divide that by ad source, but so far haven't found a way to tie this to form submissions from a specific form. 

We are leading a number of ads to this specific form and want to determine which ads are doing the best and which ones result in the company type being moved to specific statuses. Is there any way to do this in the current reporting tools?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WNakayama,

As far as I know, there aren't any reporting options specifically for form submissions. Reports are contact-based, not submission-based. This means that you can report on values of contacts who submitted a form – but that value might not be the exact one from a form submission or it might have since changed. Also, if contacts submits a form twice, they would still only appear once in the report.

In most cases, fortunately, this doesn't make a huge difference as contacts usually convert on a form once, not multiple times, it's just something to keep in mind.

Your report would be filtered by contacts who submitted a specific form and Original source = Paid social. You could then display the Count of contacts by Company type and Original source drill-down 2. Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
TomHero
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

I was trying to create a similar type of report for my client too. I got quite close but not all the way there.

This might help a bit:
You can create a report out of a single form and its submissions with the Custom Report Builder if you create a list first. You can find the option to use the list on a report directly via the "Use in" button when viewing a list.

However, I learned that you can't use any of the date data (eg. added to list date) associated with the form submissions or list in the report. This made the report unusable in my case.

0 Upvotes
thijswebwonders
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

SOLVE

Hi All,

I've had the same issue with one of our clients and made a workaround that works for us.

Creat a custom (contact) property called "Latest conversion form"  

Add form names from teh forms you want to report on as property values 

Add these values as a hidden field in the actual forms

Now you can "Latest conversion form" to your custom reports

In your contacts list you can do a batch update of this property for historical form entries.  

! Note that the value will be overwritten if a contact fills out a new form 

It's a bit of a hack as the data is available in HubSpot but it works if you don't have to many forms to manage. Hope this helps!

Thijs van Traa

HubSpot @Webwonders 

0 Upvotes
ShiranA
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I'm sorry, I'm just astounded by the fact that this "answer" was accepted 😅
I mean, with all due respect to Karsten (and there's lots of it) "you can't" is not a good solution.
How is this not an issue for everyone?
It is super annoying because the information IS all in HubSpot, you can see it in the performance tab, it's just unbearable to handle, you can't save it to a dashboard and you have to click each source to see the drill down of the submission.
IT IS ALL IN THERE.

Honestly, it feels like HubSpot is doing it just to spite. 

Caroline_S_Lane
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

For real! This is absolutely ridiculous

SRichter7
Participant

SOLVE

Chiming in to agree. This is a basic reporting request. Not really sure why HubSpot hasn't added it yet.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WNakayama,

As far as I know, there aren't any reporting options specifically for form submissions. Reports are contact-based, not submission-based. This means that you can report on values of contacts who submitted a form – but that value might not be the exact one from a form submission or it might have since changed. Also, if contacts submits a form twice, they would still only appear once in the report.

In most cases, fortunately, this doesn't make a huge difference as contacts usually convert on a form once, not multiple times, it's just something to keep in mind.

Your report would be filtered by contacts who submitted a specific form and Original source = Paid social. You could then display the Count of contacts by Company type and Original source drill-down 2. Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.