Reporting & Analytics

ekalar

Filtering out staging/development site traffic

I'd like to filter out traffic from our staging sites so that it doesn't show up in HubSpot. When I try to tell HubSpot on the Analytics and Traffic > Advanced Tracking tab to filter out traffic from these staging sites in the Exclude Traffic from these referrers, I get an error: "An error occurred while saving Reports & Analytics Tracking settings: Blocked referrer cannot contain site domains." This is so frustrating. I don't want our staging traffic in here and it's technically on the same domain. So how can I filter out this traffic? 

I see a "Limit tracking to these domains" but that doesn't help because our development site is on the domain. 

We could have the developers manually remove the tracking and then add it back in once we go to production every time, but that seems like a really terrible workaround.

Is there a different way to tell HubSpot that I don't want the traffic from our staging sites to be tracked if they use the same domain?

3 Replies 3
Transferroom_GM
Participant

Hi @TiphaineCuisset 
Was there any reply to @ekalar query? I have the same issue.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Transferroom_GM 

Thank you for reaching out. 

It's not possible at this stage to remove this. Filtering out internal IP would be the best step to take to prevent tracking on those staged pages when accessed by internal users in the future.

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ekalar 

Thank you for reaching out

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Alex_ @MatthewShepherd @AdamLPW do you have any suggestions for @ekalar on this? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes