Reporting & Analytics

SLongley3
Colaborador(a)

Email reporting - how to customise

resolver

Hi all. Looking for some inspiration or 'pro tips' on email reporting.

I know I can analyze the emails and save these as reports, but these are then 'locked' for editing. As in, I can't create that report as a base and then customize it.

Likewise, I cannot create a similar report from scratch that includes filters such as contact owner, region, team etc. Unless someone knows how to replicate these reports from scratch?

Is there a trick around this or is it simply how HubSpot is set up? Currently, it seems you can only be really vague or really specific. 

Thanks

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @SLongley3,

Options are definitely limited. Here are the sections that I use for email reporting:

• Menu > Marketing > Email > Analyze: You can filter this whole page by campaigns and there are a lot of reports hidden in dropdowns of the report tiles. Most of them can be saved to dashboards. Once saved to a dashboard, you can adjust the time range to rolling date ranges as well which is quite useful.
  • Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library > Marketing email: Some premade reports.
  • Menu > Reports > Reports > Custom Report Builder > Marketing email: For very specific questions.

If you're already aware of these, there aren't any other places for reporting (at least none that I'm aware of).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
SLongley3
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi Karsten

Yes, it looks like this is a popular 'must have' for a lot of people. As many have mentioned, the data is there, we just want to be able to display it better.

Thanks for your comments and help 🙂 

karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @SLongley3,

Options are definitely limited. Here are the sections that I use for email reporting:

• Menu > Marketing > Email > Analyze: You can filter this whole page by campaigns and there are a lot of reports hidden in dropdowns of the report tiles. Most of them can be saved to dashboards. Once saved to a dashboard, you can adjust the time range to rolling date ranges as well which is quite useful.
  • Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library > Marketing email: Some premade reports.
  • Menu > Reports > Reports > Custom Report Builder > Marketing email: For very specific questions.

If you're already aware of these, there aren't any other places for reporting (at least none that I'm aware of).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SLongley3
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks Karsten.

I think I'm familiar with all those options (one of my bug bears of HubSpot is having several places to do the same thing, but that's a different topic).

I'll go through each of the ones you mention just to cover them off.

What frustrates me, is that even if you save the reports and add to a dashboard, you can't change the chart type and have it displayed as anything other than the simple numbers.

It woul dbe nice if 'save as report' meant that it created a report that you could fully customise as if you'd made it yourself.

karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @SLongley3,

100% agree. Other users have already requested better reporting options here. I'd recommend upvoting – the product team evaluates this based on popularity.

If this answered your initial question, you can help other users find this information (and also upvote the request!) by accepting my replies as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler