Reporting & Analytics

ElaineC
HubSpot Customer Trainer
HubSpot Customer Trainer

Email performance by list workaround

SOLVE

Use case: I have ONE email and sending to multiple lists as once-offs.    How can I create a report that shows email performance analytics per list?   As Lists are only available in the builder as filters, I think this is simply not possible without exporting and pivoting in Excel.  The only workaround is to create a campaign for each list and pivot by campaign name with email metrics as values.  can't think how this would work with smart content though!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ElaineC,

If you're just interested in the metrics, not creating a specific report or dashboard, you'll find the information by following these steps: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Measure-email-performance-by-list-membership/t...

Besides that, the custom report builder has marketing email activities as a data source. You can create a custom report based on contacts (to filter by list membership) and marketing email activities. If you choose this option, visualization options are limited and you might have to create multiple reports to replicate what you're seeing in the individual email analytics or under Menu > Marketing > Email > Analytics.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ElaineC,

If you're just interested in the metrics, not creating a specific report or dashboard, you'll find the information by following these steps: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Measure-email-performance-by-list-membership/t...

Besides that, the custom report builder has marketing email activities as a data source. You can create a custom report based on contacts (to filter by list membership) and marketing email activities. If you choose this option, visualization options are limited and you might have to create multiple reports to replicate what you're seeing in the individual email analytics or under Menu > Marketing > Email > Analytics.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.