Reporting & Analytics

NBraden
Participant

Email Reporting

SOLVE

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good way to report on email stats in HubSpot? Ideally, I would create a dashboard with reports that tell us our open rate, click rate, etc. I found a report template similar to what I need (see attached photo), but I was hoping to break it down by the type of email (i.e. our newsletter, emails for a specific event, etc.). Instead of the total numbers in this report. I was thinking this could be done by filtering on the email name. For example, email name contatins "newsletter".

The options to edit this report template are really limited, so does anyone know how to build a report to get similar metrics?

Screenshot (195).png

1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

Email Reporting

SOLVE

Unfortunately there's not an easy way to do this without dumping data via the API ( https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/cms_email/get-all-marketing-email-statistics ).  There are some reports that have come close in the Custom Report Builder, but even so type only goes so far as those are system defined types like you see in the Analyze tab you are on.  We have been using a pretty standard naming convention for some time and have always asked to be able to filter by names, but we haven't seen anything like that implemented yet to do what you are asking easily in the platform.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MelCao
Participant

Email Reporting

SOLVE

I found another Report template "Marketing email sent totals with engagement rates" which can show all mkt email engagement stats by email names. But shame that there is no filter function where we can filter the list of specific email names we want to view.

MelCao_0-1673352168692.png

Another way is go to Marketing/ Email-> Analyse tab ->Email performance dashboard (at the bottom). But same as the report template.

I reached out to HS Support and they said filtering is sth not available now. Don't know why.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

Email Reporting

SOLVE

Unfortunately there's not an easy way to do this without dumping data via the API ( https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/cms_email/get-all-marketing-email-statistics ).  There are some reports that have come close in the Custom Report Builder, but even so type only goes so far as those are system defined types like you see in the Analyze tab you are on.  We have been using a pretty standard naming convention for some time and have always asked to be able to filter by names, but we haven't seen anything like that implemented yet to do what you are asking easily in the platform.

NBraden
Participant

Email Reporting

SOLVE

Hi,

Thanks! Shame that HubSpot doesn't have this kind of reporting built in, but that API stuff looks interesting. I'm a bit out of my element with this kind of stuff haha. Do you know anything about implementing the API for this? That link you gave leads to a page with code to copy and paste, but where exactly do I put that code?

0 Upvotes