Reporting & Analytics

WLee87
Participant

Does using Hubspot shortened links trigger spam filters?

SOLVE

Hubspot allows you to create shortened links with their tracking URL builder. I then put these links in our marketing emails. 

However, shortened links can trigger spam filters due to its nature of masking the final URL destination. Are we getting penalised for using Hubspot's link builder? 

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @WLee87, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

HubSpot already has default email link tracking settings in place (see the Tracking section of this HubSpot Knowledge Base article). You should definitely explore those options to see if they fit your needs better than manually creating tracking URLs and using those for emails. As long as you have your emails tied to a campaign and named appropriately, you should get the tracking insights you need!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
HHamada

SOLVE

Hi Jolle,

Thanks for the tutorial. I was also confused about this problem and finally found the solution.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely, Hananta Hamada.

Visit my website: https://bola88liga.biz/

0 Upvotes
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @WLee87, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

HubSpot already has default email link tracking settings in place (see the Tracking section of this HubSpot Knowledge Base article). You should definitely explore those options to see if they fit your needs better than manually creating tracking URLs and using those for emails. As long as you have your emails tied to a campaign and named appropriately, you should get the tracking insights you need!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

WLee87
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Jolle! 

We use the tracking link builder because we want to format our UTMs specific to our needs. The default tracking that Hubspot adds onto links don't cover what we need. 

So, I would like to know if using these shortened links harms our email stats. 

jolle

SOLVE

@WLee87 thanks for that context — are you seeing lower email deliverability or higher spam reports? We can speculate, but your email performance data is the best reference here.

If you're noticing lower email engagement, you should try to use the full links and see if that has any noticeable impact.

Thanks!

Jacob Olle