Reporting & Analytics

peytondonnell
Participant

Discrepancy in Closed Won Deal Totals

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

I have a report that shows us the total deal amount in each stage of our sales process, broken down by sales rep. I've built 2 other reports to show us the cumulative revenue over time of certain products (sponsorship and non-sponsorship). However, the totals don't seem to add up. $3,551,000 (sponsorship total) + $4,306,190 (non-sponsorship total) = $7,857,190, but the total Closed Won amount in first report is $7,151,590. 

The single data source in the first report is deals, and the 2 data sources in the additional reports are deals and line items. 

I've attached screenshots of the filters and configuration of all 3 reports.  Anyone have an idea of where I went wrong? Would this have anything to do with discounted line items?

Deal Amount report:

Deal Amount Filters.png

Deal Amount Config.png

Sponsorship report:

Spon Config.png

Spon Filters.png

Non-sponsorship report:

Non-Spon Config.png

Non-Spon Filters.png

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @peytondonnell,

You're correct, I hadn't thought of that.

Another thought: If the deal is the primary source, HubSpot might interpret the line item filters as 'deal is associated with at least one line item where name contains / doesn't contain'. In other words, one line item matching the filter would be enough for the deal amount to be included even if there are other line items which don't.

Potentially, you could check this by adding filters for contain / doesn't contain at the same time.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @peytondonnell,

Is the primary data source for all reports the deal object?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
peytondonnell
Participant

SOLVE

Yes!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @peytondonnell,

One option I could see then are deals that don't have any line items – is that a possibility? The two reports are only visualizing where there are line items to begin with, either containing or not containing the query. By merely adding the filter, you're making it a requirement that a line item must be present. Might there be deals without line items?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

peytondonnell
Participant

SOLVE

I'm not certain, but I think it's unlikely that we have Closed Won deals without line items. Even so, wouldn't that mean the sum of the two Sponsorship reports might be less than the first report?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @peytondonnell,

You're correct, I hadn't thought of that.

Another thought: If the deal is the primary source, HubSpot might interpret the line item filters as 'deal is associated with at least one line item where name contains / doesn't contain'. In other words, one line item matching the filter would be enough for the deal amount to be included even if there are other line items which don't.

Potentially, you could check this by adding filters for contain / doesn't contain at the same time.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler