Reporting & Analytics

CStefan
Mitglied

Disable cookies before consent

Hi,

Our app is using a custom build cookie consent banner, that we've had for a while and that is heavily customised to meet our needs. We've recently integrated Hubspot and would like to:

1. Use our own cookie banner;
  2. Use the Hubspot Chat Flow functionality, with essential cookies (i.e. no need for consent);
  3. Only enable hubspot analytics / tracking / facebook pixel once user gives consent;

I.e. how do we load the chat flow bubble only and enable the rest of the tracking functionality programatically?

5 Antworten
JBirda
Mitglied

Hey, did you find the solution to solve this issue? I am handling the website of ym company and we are also facing the same issue. Can someone please help us out? Thanks in advance

CStefan
Mitglied

Hello. No, we haven't found a good solution. I believe this is either:

1. a bug in the Hubspot  JS code, that has been there for at least half a year;
  2. a business decision to not follow the cookie, to force people into using their own cookie banner;

I really hope it's not number 2, as that would be very unethical and maybe also illegal from their side. @Ben_M , do you have any thoughts on this? In particular, second paragraph from my answer on 17th of March.

0 Upvotes
olovelofsson
Mitglied

Hi did you find a solution to this? We are facing the same situation with CMP from OneTrust

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Autorität

I'm not sure where your developers are in the process or what they need exactly so I have a few links below that may be of interest to you:

API Docs for Cookies: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/cookie-banner

How to Customize the Cookie Settings within Hubspot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/customize-your-cookie-tracking-settings-and-privacy-policy-ale...

The names of the cookies set by Hubspot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set-in-a-visitor-s-browser

That should be enough information for your team to evaluate what you need to control the cookies based on your consent banner, and allow the chat functionality to work.

CStefan
Mitglied

Thanks for the reply, Ben. Unfortunately, we had explored those documents before and haven't figured out the right way to make sure we postpone the tracking parts of hubspot until we enable it programatically, if we don't use Hubspot's Cookie Banner. Or maybe there's a bug or something...

For example, we've tried to programatically set the `__hs_do_not_track` and `__hs_opt_out` cookies with `yes` value, before we inject the `js.hs-scripts.com`. This works good if the cookie policy banner is enabled in the Hubspot Settings. However, if we disable the cookie policy from there (so we don't show Hubspot's banner), Hubspot's script doesn't seem to respect those values and fills in the browser with the tracking cookies. And if we keep it enabled, then how do we start tracking afterwards, without refreshing the page? Is it intended?