Reporting & Analytics

Manish

Difference between company and contact

SOLVE

Hello Everyone,

I am a new user of hubspot. Can anybody tell me that what is the difference between Creating a company and Creating a Contact 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TNEGroup 

Here's how you manually associated contacts with companies: Manually associate contacts with companies

You can create either first, and make the association at any time. Once associated, searching either for contact or company, using the search function in the main menu, will very quickly bring up the right results.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @Manish

A company is an account, or an organisation, that you might do business with. A contact is a person at that company. 

Companies and contacts have different defualt properties reflecting the different types of entity they represent. Also, multiple contacts can be assocaited with one Company.

Is there anything more specific you would like to know? 

Hope this helps.

TNEGroup

SOLVE

I am having trouble trying to understand how to insert my customer contacts into the CRM.

How do you LINK a Contact to a Company?

We have met a couple of contacts from the same company. I am unable to insert my contacts company or link their company to their contact.

Which should we create first? Company or Contact?

When we search for a profile, which is the easiest way to  search for a Company or Contact we had input?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @TNEGroup 

Here's how you manually associated contacts with companies: Manually associate contacts with companies

You can create either first, and make the association at any time. Once associated, searching either for contact or company, using the search function in the main menu, will very quickly bring up the right results.

Hope this helps.