Reporting & Analytics

KalBhojak
Participant

Custom Report Builder

SOLVE

Hello there,

Currently, I cannot filter a dashboard with embedded date range filter, when a report is built using Custom Report Builder. As reports built using this tool cannot have any filters applied at the dashboard level as an override at this point. 

I think this would be a good addition to add to the reporting feature.

Thanks,

Kal

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Custom Report Builder

SOLVE

Hi @KalBhojak,

This is unfortunately not supported yet, see the yellow infobox here. "The dashboard filters do not work with [...] any reports created with the new custom builder."

The best option is to currently edit the report settings if you want to change any of the filter. It defeats the purpose of the dashboard but that's what it is.

Other users have already requested better functionalities here. You can like the post to follow it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
CMylonas
Participant

Custom Report Builder

SOLVE

Hello

I see that this post is old and I don't know if this has change since this conversation started.

I would like to add that this is a standart functionality for all advanced reporting tool.

The solution mentioned above is not helping because the purpose here is to be able to make a few changes in the filters, with the following caracteristics

- to be simple and very easy for a user to do (not having to enter inside the report and mess with all the filters that may be comlicated.

- this filtering should create a different, temporary "view", without changing the core report.

I want to give an example, a use case for this functionality.

I have made an analytical report with many filters, including all deals from all sales persons. I want the sales persons to be able to look at the total report, but also to be able to filter out only their own deals. The main report must not change but the sales person may see any filtered view they like.

The functionality I can see now on Dashboards does not help in a case like this. The sales person, will see all filters inlvolved in the report, which may which may be confusing. There is a risk of ruining the whole report.

Thank you

Christos

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Custom Report Builder

SOLVE

Hi @KalBhojak,

This is unfortunately not supported yet, see the yellow infobox here. "The dashboard filters do not work with [...] any reports created with the new custom builder."

The best option is to currently edit the report settings if you want to change any of the filter. It defeats the purpose of the dashboard but that's what it is.

Other users have already requested better functionalities here. You can like the post to follow it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.