Reporting & Analytics

jhansen47
Participant

Custom Data Field Extraction

SOLVE

We have a field titled 'P21 Contact ID'.  This allows us to tie contacts back into our ERP (Epicore P21).  However, when I export an unsubscribe or opt-out list I need to do a big work around to get this data field pulled (involves VLOOKUP in Excel).  To me it makes sense - if you can put user-defined data into HS - you should be able to get it back out in an a relatively easy manner. 

I understand that this can be done through an API but to me that seems like an unneccessary expenditure if the data is already there - we put the data into HS - we just want a simple way to get it back out. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

No idea what type of HubSpot custom property 'P21 Contact ID' is (i.e., contact, company, deal, etc.) or what workarounds are required for your specific use case, but can say with certainty that HubSpot Pro and Enterprise custom properties are easily exportable from at least one of two sources (i.e., view filters and lists). If you'd like to share more details about your use case maybe we can help you sort it out so it's less cumbersome for you.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ryan-cambium
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jhansen47. You've probably found a workaround to this problem by now, but in case someone new comes by with a similar question, there's another solution that might work in this case. 

My company recently released a "VLOOKUP for HubSpot" solution on the marketplace. It avoids Zapier, and allows you to easily look up values from a HubSpot record in a Google Sheet and bring back a value that you can write to another field. It's relatively straight-forward to have Google Sheets pull data from external sources, and you could use our VLOOKUP solution to then pull that into HubSpot. There's a middle-man in the process, but it would be fully automated.

Hope that helps!

- Ryan

Cambium Apps

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

No idea what type of HubSpot custom property 'P21 Contact ID' is (i.e., contact, company, deal, etc.) or what workarounds are required for your specific use case, but can say with certainty that HubSpot Pro and Enterprise custom properties are easily exportable from at least one of two sources (i.e., view filters and lists). If you'd like to share more details about your use case maybe we can help you sort it out so it's less cumbersome for you.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
jhansen47
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your response, Frank.  The field 'P21 Contact ID' is a contact field that we have customized in HS.  When I export a file to identify unsubscribes following this process:

1) Marketing -> Email

2) More Tools -> Export Unsubscribes and Bounces

The exported file contains limited information and you are not able to manipulate which fields are exported.  

I didn't even consider trying a list with filters.  Thanks!