Reporting & Analytics

arlogilbert
投稿者

Custom Behavioral Events (rant)

Whoever is running the custom behavioral events products & legacy events products should be fired. Everything about CBE is a downgrade other than the custom properties.

* The limit used to be 2000 events - Now 50 (arbitrary) events... 2000 down to 50? Who thought this through?

* Creating events can only be done through the crappy UI and each event takes a minimum of 10 clicks to create. Previously devs & engineers could create events by just creating it in the web app, now a human being with marketing access has to do it.

* Workflows can't use CBE to make decisions (gee thanks for all those extra properties that we can't actually use?!?!?!)

It blows my mind how bungled and embarassing this rollout is, but seriously taking something we bought (2000 events) and just deciding that 50 must surely be enough. That on it's own is a reason to just fire somebody immediately.

I've never been so disappointed in any product that HubSpot has rolled out and I've never seen such a complete lack of thought put into anything... Which on it's own wouldn't matter except that HubSpot opted to DEPRECATE standard events, so now you can't create new legacy events, you can only create these new bloated frankenstein monster events that are also not usable because... hey, you can't use them in a workflow, you can't use them in feedback surveys, so there is essentially no added functionality while you get all of these negatives.

/me shakes head

9件の返信
JKazarian
投稿者

Additionally:

1. Can't use CBE's for Scoring properties

2. Can't inject values or customer properties from a CBE into an email through Workflows

0 いいね!
reapandsow
参加者 | Gold Partner
参加者 | Gold Partner

Preach.. I can agree.

0 いいね!
TRoberts1
参加者

Incredible that this is still not available. I created a legacy event and cannot use it in a workflow, it won't even populate the list. 

0 いいね!
DRead
投稿者

I have been using both legacy and new cbe. It’s strange but at least I can
use the best features of both. It appears that the cbe api is still beta.
0 いいね!
DennisdK
参加者

I agree to @arlogilbert here. It makes no sense the new CBE is actually a big downgrade to the current legacy events. I can see though the new CBE could be better than the legacy - with the properties for example. But it's absolutely essential for Hubspot to actually do something here in order to achieve - at least - the same level of integration of the new CBE. But better yet, more.. 

I also miss CBE in Scoring properties for example.. 

0 いいね!
idanc
参加者 | Diamond Partner
参加者 | Diamond Partner

I totally agree with @arlo and want to add that by downgrading CBE functionality, especially the inability to use event properties AT ALL except to check their values (so can't copy them, can't refer to them, can't make decision based on them) is mind boggling and completely derails the whole notion of having CBEs in the first place. 

arlogilbert
投稿者

I am not going to put time into upvoting a feature that is essentially "Hey HubSpot you broke this thing, please unbreak it".

Your PMs shouldn't be soliciting ideas for how to make CBE functional, they should have a roadmap defined that brings them to parity at a minimum.

MiaSrebrnjak
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Hi @arlogilbert,

we are sorry to hear that the CBE feature didn't meet your expectations. The product team is working on improving the tool and adding new functionalities based on the feedback of our customers. There are a couple of CBE-related product ideas that other users have published, it would be great if you could give them an upvote:

Thank you!

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

DRead
投稿者

When can we expect the "new" CBE to have the same feature set as the "old". I am new to HubSpot but have run into nothing but problems with automations, lists, etc that should work but because we are using the "new" CBE, the features aren't there.