Reporting & Analytics

Krystina
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Cross-object Deals Reporting Issue

Hi Community, 

I'm posting this query on behalf of my friend Maxwell who posed this in a Marketing Ops Slack group we're members of. Please see his issue below:

"I’m building a cross-object report in Hubspot that is tracking deals that have a contact attached with a specific property. The issue I’m having here is that I only want each deal counted once, but some deals might have 3 contacts attached that match the filter. Has anyone run into this before?"

Here was my response to Maxwell in our Slack group: "I’d say if there is a way you can ID one person from your deals by a distinguishing characteristic "buying role" or "persona", something along those lines that would be the best bet to exclude any duplicate deals that would populate the report. "

Any other ideas, brilliant Community members?

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cross-object Deals Reporting Issue

Hi @Krystina,

Thank you for sharing this case with us,I will be tagging some of our top contributors here in this matter to also give their opinion.

I would suggest what you mentioned, create a custom property to separate these contacts since it's a "cross object " type and we are pulling all contacts associate with deals that match to filters. So your logic is correct. 

What can facilitate this process, is that she is able to export this report, identify these contacts, and update their property to a custom one so you can filter out in the report.

@MAC-MCB@AdamLPW@ShanePunt, would you like to add any other recommendation in @Krystina matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !