Reporting & Analytics

msubby

Cross-domain linking - not sure if its working

We have 2 domains, domainA.com and domainB.com

DomainA is our marketing website and DomainB is our web application.

I wanted to confirm 2 things. If I follow the cookies, cookies on DomainA and DomainB will be different for the __hstc,__hssc, __hsfp cookies. Is this correct, because when watching the _ga id, these remain consistent across the 2 different domains is what I expected, but HS seems to assign new cookies for a cross-linked domain?

Secondly, any links have the appropriate parameters from the DomainA cookie to DomainB. So my question is, when I visit DomainB with the URL parameters, is the HS tracking code tracking URL parameters, or relying solely on the cookie values.

The reason I ask, is when I test this workflow, we never see any pageviews for the users coming from DomainA to DomainB for know user signups via Non-HS Forms. The Forms are always using DomainB as its original source, though I know this is not the case since I know that GA has tracked this DomainA to DomainB correctly since I can lookup the user in GA via User Explorer since the GA userid gets passed along with the HS parameters and via the cookies.

I've tried reaching out to Support, but they not willing to look into the issue further as I always get a high level chat rep. Any insights would be appreciated

Mathew

2 Replies 2
JBangels
Participant

I'm having the same issue, is there any solution yet? 

0 Upvotes
AxelK
Participant

I am experiencing this same issue and am looking for a way to resolve it.