Reporting & Analytics

AndrewBellSCD

Creating Won Deals Report From HubSpot Form Fills

SOLVE

Hey Community,

I am looking to create a report that shows won deals from anyone that has filled out any of our HS forms. I am stuck trying to create this report? Yoru help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Andrew Bell

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AndrewBellSCD,

The usual way to filter a report by contact form submissions or list membership doesn't work here. (In a single object deal report these properties are not available, in a cross object report HubSpot lets us know that 'This property is not supported in reports with multiple data types.') That means that we need to make the information, whether a deal is associated with a contact that has filled out a form, available within a deal property. We need workflows for that.

Here's the workaround I would try:

1. Create a custom deal property "Contact associated with deal has filled out form" with the options "Yes" and "No"
  2. Use a contact-based workflow set the value of this deal property to "Yes" for contacts who've submitted a form
  3. Filter your report by this property

Keep in mind that there isn't any causality implied in these steps of workflow above yet. This is merely a correlation and the form submission could've happened long after the deal was created. If you wanted to only show deals that were created after a contact's form submission, you'd have to make ensure that in the enrollment triggers. Untested draft below:

forms-deal.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AndrewBellSCD,

The usual way to filter a report by contact form submissions or list membership doesn't work here. (In a single object deal report these properties are not available, in a cross object report HubSpot lets us know that 'This property is not supported in reports with multiple data types.') That means that we need to make the information, whether a deal is associated with a contact that has filled out a form, available within a deal property. We need workflows for that.

Here's the workaround I would try:

1. Create a custom deal property "Contact associated with deal has filled out form" with the options "Yes" and "No"
  2. Use a contact-based workflow set the value of this deal property to "Yes" for contacts who've submitted a form
  3. Filter your report by this property

Keep in mind that there isn't any causality implied in these steps of workflow above yet. This is merely a correlation and the form submission could've happened long after the deal was created. If you wanted to only show deals that were created after a contact's form submission, you'd have to make ensure that in the enrollment triggers. Untested draft below:

forms-deal.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.