Reporting & Analytics

jassie
Contributor

Create report for new contacts after first webinar subscription

SOLVE

Hi all,

Since the new customer reporting tool came online I created a nice dashboard but over the weeks Hubspot somehow withdrew the functionality.

Goal:

Have a graph where I can see daily/weekly unique subscribers for webinars

Context

• We host 1/2 webinars per week with ±75 subscribers per session (±50 that actually participate)
  • Subscription via 3 ways (a) via one HS form, (b) via Eventbrite or (c) via Zoom directly
  • Workflows are in place to 'append' the topic on a property for subscribers via (a) and (b)
  • Participants often subscribe for multiple topics after having been participating in 1 session

Difficulty

How can I filter how many unique/new subscribers are subscribing per session?

Ideally with on the other Y-axes the total number of subscriptions per day.

I had this graph but it can't load anymore and I cant find a screenshot anymore..

Any ideas on how to set up this report?

Via a 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks for the follow up @jassie.

What I envision is this:

• Yearly Lists of all webinar registrations in 2018 & 2019
    • List covers the whole year, no quarterly or monthly lists exist any more
  • List of all webinar registrations in 2020 + Quarterly registration lists for 2020
    • When 2021 is complete, all quarterly lists are deleted
    • The quarterly lists help you with current reporting
  • List of all 2021 registrations (yearly list that keeps growing on its own)
  • List of all 2021 registrations by quarter (quarterly lists that can be pre-built and collect as the dates come on their own. Quarterly lists are deleted on a cycle.)
  • List of bi-monthly registrations (monthly list that reports on the now. Monthly lists are deleted on a rolling 12-month cycle.)

I'm trying to envision a managable group of lists that can be cleaned up easily whenever you want to make your cut offs. Because these lists exist, you can make lists or dashboards that show contacts who are in one list but not another. For example: Contact on the Current Bi-Monthly Registration list, do they exist on any Yearly Registration list? Yes, ok they are a repeat. No...Are they on another Bi-Monthly registrtaion list from this year? Yes = Repeat; No = Brand new participant.

It'll take some set up and testing, but I believe once you get your core set of lists in place and understand how to keep them managed, you'll be able to quickly find the info you are looking for.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jassie
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Crystal_Hopper ,

Thanks for your reply.

We're not using separate campaigns no. 

We have per 2 months (±12 webinars) a property with multiple checkboxes where they get flagged when they register for 1 or multiple webinars.

I could create a list where I easily check if the participant registered in one of the webinars in the past.. based on that I should be able to create some dashboard but still not sure how... maybe you can give me some pointers.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks for the follow up @jassie.

What I envision is this:

• Yearly Lists of all webinar registrations in 2018 & 2019
    • List covers the whole year, no quarterly or monthly lists exist any more
  • List of all webinar registrations in 2020 + Quarterly registration lists for 2020
    • When 2021 is complete, all quarterly lists are deleted
    • The quarterly lists help you with current reporting
  • List of all 2021 registrations (yearly list that keeps growing on its own)
  • List of all 2021 registrations by quarter (quarterly lists that can be pre-built and collect as the dates come on their own. Quarterly lists are deleted on a cycle.)
  • List of bi-monthly registrations (monthly list that reports on the now. Monthly lists are deleted on a rolling 12-month cycle.)

I'm trying to envision a managable group of lists that can be cleaned up easily whenever you want to make your cut offs. Because these lists exist, you can make lists or dashboards that show contacts who are in one list but not another. For example: Contact on the Current Bi-Monthly Registration list, do they exist on any Yearly Registration list? Yes, ok they are a repeat. No...Are they on another Bi-Monthly registrtaion list from this year? Yes = Repeat; No = Brand new participant.

It'll take some set up and testing, but I believe once you get your core set of lists in place and understand how to keep them managed, you'll be able to quickly find the info you are looking for.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @jassie! Interesting idea. 

For your webinars, are they individually each their own campaign? I'm guessing not, that would be super granular. However, you if they were then you could use the First-Touch properties to find your unique participants. 

Another way I envision being able to do this is using the Contact Lists to put past participants on Lists and then have a list that says "show me any contacts that are NOT on one of these other registration lists." Again, this could get granular unless you're rounding everyone up from the individual webinar registration lists to bigger monthly or quarterly registration lists. 

Can you let us know how you're using the Campaign feature and Lists to help you sort through some of this data?