Reporting & Analytics

aljones
Contributor

Create Custom Property on Notes (engagement object) + Report on Notes

SOLVE

We are fleshing out a way to track and report on "passive impressions" i.e. offline engagment such as attendence at a trade show, webinars (hosted by 3rd parties) etc.
At the moment we are doing all of this in a homegown smartsheet but would like to move it to HubSpot.

However -we need to have (at least) two custom drop down properties to associate with the activity and I was hoping to use the "notes" object.

My questions are:

1. How can we create custom properties for Notes with dropdowns that can be easily managed
  2. How can we report on this in HubSpot (i.e. a dashboard) or do I need to setup an API call.
1 Accepted solution
NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @aljones 

The only way to import activities is via an API - so if you are looking to do this in bulk you would need to do this using an API. You can import notes but you cannot import notes with tags. If you import notes you can import contact properties on the contacts that are linked to the notes so that might be a workaround.

The way to manually log these is explained in this doc: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manually-log-a-call-email-or-meeting-on-a-record

Playbooks are only available on Sales / Service Enterprise so that may not be a solution for you, here is some documentation on those: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/playbooks/use-playbooks

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @aljones 

The only way to import activities is via an API - so if you are looking to do this in bulk you would need to do this using an API. You can import notes but you cannot import notes with tags. If you import notes you can import contact properties on the contacts that are linked to the notes so that might be a workaround.

The way to manually log these is explained in this doc: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manually-log-a-call-email-or-meeting-on-a-record

Playbooks are only available on Sales / Service Enterprise so that may not be a solution for you, here is some documentation on those: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/playbooks/use-playbooks

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
aljones
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @NicoleSengers  for your reply. Unfortunately this is what I was expecting and we need the properties to be tied to the activity (note) not the contact. 

Thanks

-Allison

0 Upvotes
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @aljones 

So if I understand this correctly you want to add dropdowns to notes like when you log a sales activity.

There are some ways to do this out of the box but if you don't log sales activities or want to add these dropdown options to your  Log type and to your call outcome then you can associate these like a logged call... But if you already use this for other reports this may be confusing if you don't filter these offline activities out of your current reports.

The alternative is to create a playbook with dropdowns and the ability to add notes as well.

Both these options will create a similar outcome but it depends on the HubSpot package you are on.

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
aljones
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @NicoleSengers 

We currently have Marketing Hub. I need a way  to track offline activity, and to be able to tag it with standardized information (i.e. source). I also need to be able to report on it - which I think I cannot do in HubSpot without setting up an engagement API (https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/engagements-overview)

Do you have any reference documentation on your solution for "log type"? Or even the playbook? Also - how would I be able to import "notes" in bulk and tag them with the "log type" or playbook?

Thanks again for your help!

-Allison

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aljones 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @NicoleSengers @danmoyle @Mike_Eastwood do you have any thoughts for @aljones on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes