Reporting & Analytics

JHarper

Count of contacts from forms & leads decreasing over time?

Hi there, I'm relatviely new to HubSpot but cannot locate an answer for these two scenarios:

1. The counted number of new contacts from forms on reports decreasing over time: Set up of report as follows: Displaying: Form Submission.  Measured by: Count of Contacts. Example: Let's say we have a form that in the month of June had 50 contacts shown in the above report. By mid July, it's showing 25, then by end of July might be showing 22. Appears HubSpot is reclassifying the count as time goes on. If I want to capture total form submission (unique to a contact) without the number going backwrds, how should this report be set up? 

2. The counted number of leads on reports: Set up of report as follows: Lifecycle stage is any of Lead or Customer. As per above over time, let's say in June a report shows 50 leads, but in August, the report for June shows 40 leads. If we want to put a stake in the ground at the end of each month and not have the numbers then decrease over time, how would we do this? 

3. Can someone explain why the numbers in both scenrios decrease over time? Is it simply that as the lifecycle stage of the contact changes over time it will steal or add the count from one report metric to another? 

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5
jruocco
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi JHarper!

I have found that lead numbers decrease if contacts have been deleted, so instead of deleting contacts I mark them as "Non-Marketing"

To get credit for all contacts who were created via submitted form's, I recommend reporting on:

"Contact's whose original source does not equal/contain offline source"

this will you you the number of new contacts created via form submissions. The only way the number will change on this report is if contacts are deleted.

You can also run reports based on "contacts whose lifecycle stage has ever equaled lead"; combine this with the "contact create date" to see the count of contacts who have been a lead at least once.

Hope this Helps!

Best,

0 Upvotes
sparrowsfall
Participant

Neither of these work for us.

>original source does not equal/contain offline source

Doesn't work because we have multiple (!!) online forms from different sources, many of them are not lead submissions/RFIs.

We have built a workflow successfully using a lot of ORs in the trigger. When it fires for a Contact, it populates a field, "Hubspot Lead Form Submitted":

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 9.28.45 AM.png

>You can also run reports based on "contacts whose lifecycle stage has ever equaled lead"

In our past history the Lead Lifecycle stage has not been used consistently enough for this to be useful for us.

What's really missing is a date: "First Submission Date from any of these forms." 

That information is available from each Contact's history, but tech suppoert has confirmed to us that we don't have access to that information.

With that date field, we could just count by whether that field is known, and also do calcs of things like Delay From Lead submission to Enroll.

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JHarper 

Welcome to the Community. 

These are really good questions, I'm wondering what our experts can advise in this case. 

Hey @warrendavey @Josh @Phil_Vallender any thoughts about these reports?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

sparrowsfall
Participant

@JHarper 

Crickets here? No response?

This is a disastrous error in HS's lead reporting. Not interested in how many are at Lifecycle Stage "Lead" right now. Want to know how many ever submitted a lead form. 

Without that simple, basic count, you can't even start asking questions like:

"How many leads were generated from last January's ad campaign spend? What was their conversion rate to sales?"

We've spent innumerable hours trying innumberable methods to data-mine this count, which HS should just be reporting validly — no solutions we're really confident in so far.

Do HS folks have any answers here? Thx.

jruocco
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi there! 

Hopefully my post at the top of the page answers helps you in your quest.

Best,

0 Upvotes