Reporting & Analytics

AWelker85
Participant

Conversion reporting on Lead to Deal and Deal to Customer

SOLVE

Hello, 

I am looking to create Lead to Deal and Deal to Customer conversion reports. I attempted to create them in HS but can't seem to find the right data points or comparison charts for what I am looking for. I manually created what I needed but would like to track this on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. I attached below what I am looking to recreate in HS. Any help, step by step instructions would be much appreciated. 

Regards, 
Ashley
Lead to Opportunity.PNGOpportunity to Customer.PNG

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AWelker85,

The challenge you're facing is that you're trying to report on two different objects. A "Lead" is a contact Lifecycle stage, a deal is an object in itself and a "Customer" is a contact Lifecycle stage again.

The easiest fix for your question would be replacing the deal step with the equivalent contact Lifecycle stage: an "Opportunity". In most companies, this "Opportunity" lifecycle stage is synonymous with the creation of a deal. HubSpot also updates this Lifecycle stage automatically. If that works for you, you can make use of HubSpot's funnel reports.

Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library > search for "funnel". You should now see different reports showing how many contacts you have in each Lifecycle stage, including conversion rates. You can click Edit in builder and select the lifecycle stages you're interested in (e.g. remove "Marketing qualified lead" and "Sales qualified lead" if you're really just interested in lead, deal and customer).

You can learn more about funnel reports here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/differences-between-funnel-reports-types

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AWelker85,

The challenge you're facing is that you're trying to report on two different objects. A "Lead" is a contact Lifecycle stage, a deal is an object in itself and a "Customer" is a contact Lifecycle stage again.

The easiest fix for your question would be replacing the deal step with the equivalent contact Lifecycle stage: an "Opportunity". In most companies, this "Opportunity" lifecycle stage is synonymous with the creation of a deal. HubSpot also updates this Lifecycle stage automatically. If that works for you, you can make use of HubSpot's funnel reports.

Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library > search for "funnel". You should now see different reports showing how many contacts you have in each Lifecycle stage, including conversion rates. You can click Edit in builder and select the lifecycle stages you're interested in (e.g. remove "Marketing qualified lead" and "Sales qualified lead" if you're really just interested in lead, deal and customer).

You can learn more about funnel reports here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/differences-between-funnel-reports-types

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.