Reporting & Analytics

KaKaRoT
Contributor

Conversion Report

SOLVE

Hello, 

I want to create a lead conversion report in HubSpot. Our company's HubSpot is integrated with Salesforce and we use the Lead Status property instead of the Lifecycle stage. I want to create a lead conversion report in HubSpot so need help creating it.

I'm new to HubSpot so would be great if anyone can help me create a report. Or please advise if it will be more feasible to create a report directly in Salesforce instead of HubSpot.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Conversion Report

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

The only type of report in HubSpot that shows conversion rates based on a property status is the funnel report – and this one exclusively works with the Lifecycle stage. It's not possible to create a Lead status report that shows conversion rates natively in HubSpot. You would have to evaluate third-party reporting solutions for HubSpot (e.g. Databox) or create this report in Salesforce.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

Conversion Report

SOLVE

My suggestion is to look to hire a partner especially in Salesforce to get you up and running asap. There is a ton to learn and specialize in with Salesforce and to try to set up a new instance without any history can be a daunting task and on top of that Hubspot works completely different in that the objects don't necessarily equate to one another (ie: Hubspot Contacts --> Salesforce Leads & Salesforce Contacts, Hubspot Campaigns vs. Salesforce Campaigns, etc.).

I can't really say whether or not to use Lead Status as it depends on the goals of your reporting and what you are trying to setup and maintain. In some instances you can use them, but in other instances, the ask may be too complex to utilize the standard, out-of-the-box fields.  In the basic instances tracking Lead Status to conversion is enough, but in some more complex cases it is not enough so a custom field is created in Salesforce on the Lead Object that can be mapped to the Contact Object.  I would recommend posting this over in the trailblazer community as you are likely to get more technical answers there about Salesforce setup as opposed to within Hubspot which also competes in the space.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
RSudmantaite

Conversion Report

SOLVE

We're building an app to fix the missed stages of conversion reports (lifecycles stages). Check it out www.lavametrics.com

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Conversion Report

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

The only type of report in HubSpot that shows conversion rates based on a property status is the funnel report – and this one exclusively works with the Lifecycle stage. It's not possible to create a Lead status report that shows conversion rates natively in HubSpot. You would have to evaluate third-party reporting solutions for HubSpot (e.g. Databox) or create this report in Salesforce.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KaKaRoT
Contributor

Conversion Report

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler, thanks for clarifying it. As I was also doubtful if this can be done directly in HubSpot because I do not see any conversion reports in HubSpot based on lead status property.

So looks like I would have to check this in Salesforce. Do you have any recommendation channels on how to create this kind of report in Salesforce?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Conversion Report

SOLVE

If you want to build this report in Salesforce, what you would have to do is use the "Leads with converted lead information" report type. It's a standard report in Salesforce. But as stated, this would be difficult to determine in Hubspot because you would have to set properties when the Salesforce Contact ID becomes known from the two-way sync to know when that conversion happens. It's also important to understand with Lead Status, that this stops when the Lead is converted in Salesforce. As the objects are separate, and the Lead Status is a default field that cannot be mapped to the Contact object, you would just be looking at that point in time.  A lot of companies I have worked with have tried to solve for this with a custom status altogether that does not rely on default CRM or Marketing Automation properties. This might be a path you want to consider depending on the type of information that you are looking to gather and report on.

KaKaRoT
Contributor

Conversion Report

SOLVE

@Ben_M, thanks for your input. I'm new to both of these platforms and learning them day by day so what would be the best recommendation on this?
Do you mean that we should not use Lead Status as our main contact property here? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

Conversion Report

SOLVE

My suggestion is to look to hire a partner especially in Salesforce to get you up and running asap. There is a ton to learn and specialize in with Salesforce and to try to set up a new instance without any history can be a daunting task and on top of that Hubspot works completely different in that the objects don't necessarily equate to one another (ie: Hubspot Contacts --> Salesforce Leads & Salesforce Contacts, Hubspot Campaigns vs. Salesforce Campaigns, etc.).

I can't really say whether or not to use Lead Status as it depends on the goals of your reporting and what you are trying to setup and maintain. In some instances you can use them, but in other instances, the ask may be too complex to utilize the standard, out-of-the-box fields.  In the basic instances tracking Lead Status to conversion is enough, but in some more complex cases it is not enough so a custom field is created in Salesforce on the Lead Object that can be mapped to the Contact Object.  I would recommend posting this over in the trailblazer community as you are likely to get more technical answers there about Salesforce setup as opposed to within Hubspot which also competes in the space.