Reporting & Analytics

KalBhojak
Participant

Contacts Activity Journey

Résolue

Hi,

How can I build a report based on customer Activity and journey. So I want to see on a report what they have done in the past as per their Activity.

Then I want to see all the contacts plotted on a chart. At high level, filter by date, days range, and also by users and account holders and their contacts.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Kal

1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @KalBhojak,

Unfortunately HubSpot does not have a visualization of a single contact's journey. The closest would be the filtered activity stream on the contact record which shows you the individual steps a contact took. You can select/unselect touchpoints, but there isn't any report view of this.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

7 Réponses
LJoy5
Membre

Résolue

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. I think I'll pass with him this time around. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Reporting-Analytics/Contacts-Activity-Journey/m-p/620503-lotto4d

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @KalBhojak,

HubSpot does not have a report that shows it all, you would have to specify your question. Which touchpoints and activities are you looking for exactly? Keep in mind that historic HubSpot reports show a timeline (x-axis), a count (y-axis). This y-axis focuses on one characteristic (e.g. an activity) broken down by a measure (activity type).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KalBhojak
Participant

Résolue

Hi Karsten, thank you for the response.

To be specific, I want to create an Activity Report for Contacts, i.e., how they navigate and their history - based on their Activity at Contacts > Activity Tab.

As this Activity replicated for most customers and their touch points, I would like to map this on a chart based on our unique Activity path to see what is the critical path for each and overall customers. Here is an image for that section.  

Thanks,

Kal

KalBhojak_0-1650481192720.png

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @KalBhojak,

HubSpot unfortunately does not have a report visualization for that. There are too many data points to display within the existing report types (bar chart, line chart etc). If you have a specific visualization in mind, feel free to share, I might be missing something.

The way this could be approached instead is by spot-checking how many of a certain activity, on average, certain contact segments have, e.g. how many emails per opportunity.

(Could you confirm that you're on a Professional subscription? This is needed to create custom reports in HubSpot.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

KalBhojak
Participant

Résolue

Hello Karsten,

Thanks, yes, we do have the Professional HubSpot a/c, and do have access to Custom Reporting tool.

As for the specifics, ideally, would like to track a Contact Journey with our unique Contact's touchpoints that are highlighter in the Activity tab, e.g., page view, submission, marketing email, forms, etc.

Yes, agreed, that there are many data points to track. The Customer Reporting tools currently avaiable can generate Activity based report that we use. 

The intent for such a report is to be able to track the Contact/Customer Jorney and understand their 'Critical Path' in terms of closing a deal, sales, purchasing, marketing, etc.

E.g., attached is an image of a sample report, that provide overview at a high level. But need to have a similar view at a single Contact level?

Thanks,

Kal

KalBhojak_0-1650639654396.png

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @KalBhojak,

Unfortunately HubSpot does not have a visualization of a single contact's journey. The closest would be the filtered activity stream on the contact record which shows you the individual steps a contact took. You can select/unselect touchpoints, but there isn't any report view of this.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

KalBhojak
Participant

Résolue

Thanks Karsten, such an addition to HubSpot would be a great addition!

Regards,

Kal

0 Votes